Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Week 133 and Week 46.5 - Back from Europe!

I will write a more detailed trip report tomorrow but just wanted to write a short update on the girls (as I have not updated in nearly 2 weeks!  Yikes!)

Sophia survived and is jet lagged but is not fussy after the first night.  More about her on tomorrow's update.

We were gone for ten days and Charlotte grew up a lot in that time!  Now she is talking a lot, being exceptionally observant.  For the first time I am feeling quite bittersweet that she is growing up so fast and maybe I will not be able to capture all of its wonderful 'je nai sais quoi' ness about it all.


I made a smoothie yesterday morning and Charlotte said (regarding my pear) - 'you have to take the skin off and throw it away.'  Wow - how does she know to say that?

She asked Imee if she was going to church on Sunday.

She asked me two weeks ago Monday (two days before our trip) if Daddy was going to Macau (as he often does on Monday mornings.  He did not go by the way).

It is like a button has been pushed ON and she is articulating really well.

Two weeks ago I was picking her up from school and I turned on the car and Charlotte started fussing about her car seat.  So I walked to her (diagonally behind me) and after I fixed her seat belt as I was walking around back to the driver seat the car autolocked itself!  With the car on and Charlotte inside!   I walked back to Charlotte and signed to her to unlock her door.  She looked at me like I was crazy but finally did it.  Yeah!  I slithered back inside and unlocked the passenger door and unlocked the driver door.  Quite a little scare!

She also likes when I make her towel turbans after her shower.  Not easy for such a small head!

I found some pictures from a few weeks ago that I just uploaded.  They are below.

Towel turban (necklace is a nice touch too):
_DSC2333

Princess Leia:
_DSC2336

Caden is about to beat me up in this picture:
_DSC2339

Teething Lucas:
_DSC2347

Teething Sophia:
_DSC2354

_DSC2357

Charlotte is Daddy's girl:
_DSC2360

Bike ride!
 _DSC2361

_DSC2362

_DSC2363

2 comments:

  1. Turkey? Really nice there. Go to Cas for sure. I called form there and everyone thought I needed Cash. Somethings are better translated on bablefish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turkey!

    Go to Cas for sure. I called from there and someone thought I was calling to get cash.

    Some things need translating on Bable fish.

    Take care and yes the peel does not to be thrown away! Nice pics and hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete