Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Week 208 and Week 120.5 - Great Sunday

This past Sunday was one of those rare and wonderful days.  Matt came home early from Bangkok and was home the night before.  I got up and went for a jog.  Charlotte and I made pancakes from a mix - and they were wonderful.  I learned the secret to making perfect pancakes (that look like they come from McDonald's) is an even not-too-hot heat source (also as an aside - half of the White Wings box makes a zillion pancakes).  Charlotte helped to flip the pancakes and was really good at it.  We went to Yum Cha and brought these coloring books and Sophia and Charlotte were not their usual monster selves - they were quiet yet engaged.  I realize we will probably only ever go get dim sum at Yum Cha (at Sands Cotai Central) since there is hardly a wait they know us and they know we want plain congee and they give us a circular booth.  Plus we can take pictures with characters afterwards!

We sought a balloon animal twister and took our obligatory Dreamworks photos.  There are some funny photos below as some Chinese guy was also taking pictures of our kids - as if they were his own!

Both girls went down for naps (yay!) and I made dinner (fried rice for the girls and roasted chicken legs for Matt and I).  We all ate together and sang songs.  And they girls went to bed (though Sophia took ages to finally settle in).

I felt like we were getting the hang of this parenting thing.  It was a rare day where I felt on top of things.

Anyway - work has been less busy for me and very busy for Matt.  He is in China today and tomorrow.  

Charlotte makes pancakes (Matt taught her how to stir):
_DSC8671-2

These awesome coloring books (I guess both girls are southpaws for now)!
_DSC8672-2

_DSC8673-2

_DSC8674-2

I know there are a lot of these photos now:
_DSC8679-2

_DSC8681-2

V is for Victory:
_DSC8683-2

Who is this guy taking my picture?
_DSC8684-2

_DSC8685-2

_DSC8686-2

Char does Kate Moss:
_DSC8688

_DSC8689

Good times!
_DSC8691

_DSC8690




No comments:

Post a Comment