Saturday, May 31, 2014

Week 216 and Week 128.5 - My birthday!

I had a birthday last week - it is funny as you get older how birthdays can be less of a big deal - this is where I am.  I am very wishy washy with them - I like the attention but I sort of don't like the attention.  My big milestone birthday is next year anyway.

Matt came back from Prague on Tuesday and said it was very Wisconsin/German.  He was happy to eat potatoes at every meal (and raved about some ham grilled on the street).  He also said it was very well done and expensive - a bit too first world for him perhaps.  I think travel for him means going off the beaten path (or being an early adopter) - and perhaps that was a less developed Prague 15 years ago.

I auctioned/ bought this night stay at the Conrad with breakfast and food vouchers and a massage (we did not do the massage yet) - and went on Saturday night for my birthday.  We took the girls swimming on Saturday and Sunday and then Matt and I spent the night on Saturday (and had a great dinner at Sands Steakhouse - yum).  We got a lovely room upgrade to a suite and a cake/strawberries/champagne for my birthday (where do they get these strawberries?  They were amazing!).  I really enjoy working for Sands.  They certainly are pioneers in bringing great guest experience here in the once cowboy-town that is Macau.

Sunday Joe H came over - and met the girls for the first time!  He spent the day with us - and we had a late lunch at the Westin (I equate so much of my time in Hong Kong with Joe and being hot and sweaty in the weather - Sunday was no exception).  The girls were their usual shy-at-the-beginning and then sweet and lovely at the end of his visit.  I miss Joe and look forward to seeing him around these parts again soon.

We went on a hike on Sunday (and finally found that mystical playground!)- and got killed by mosquitoes!  Charlotte said to never take her there again!


I love the understated masculine decor of the Conrad!
_DSC9235

_DSC9237

Sophia confused at our pool cabana:
_DSC9240

A rare family swim shot:
_DSC9241

Strawberries!
_DSC9245

Champagne!
_DSC9246

Cake (Sophia liked to eat the white chocolate accessories more than the cake itself):
_DSC9248

Birthday photo:
_DSC9249

_DSC9252

Matt attempted to take a dozen selfies before we went to dinner - he always cut his or my head off!
_DSC9257

Breakfast at Grand Orbit:
_DSC9263

Char's photography skills:
_DSC9264

_DSC9273

Uncle Joe!
_DSC9279

_DSC9280

_DSC9282

_DSC9284

_DSC9285

Hike:
_DSC9286

_DSC9287

_DSC9288

_DSC9289

The girls wore my shoes this week - so cute!
_DSC9290





No comments:

Post a Comment