Monday, August 11, 2014

Week 226 and Week 138.5 - America!

When I lived in LA I used to check the last minute flights published every Wednesday to see where I could go for the weekend.  I am not sure I ever went anywhere.

This was me, on a separate level, last Saturday.

I was looking to go to the US - and as a last ditch effort I found a flight on Saturday to go to Atlanta that left... on Monday.  So I bought the tickets for me and the girls... and had 30 hours to get ready for the flight!  Who does that?  Oh yea, I do.

I am glad I did not have more time as I would have freaked out for flying by myself with the girls.  I was saved as Delta has screens in their seats and Frozen was on offer.  The best was telling the girls to use their inside voice while they sang along to "Let It Go."
Flying was actually not too bad - though Sophia had a melt down on our short flight from Seattle to Atlanta.  

We have had jet lag - and I nearly lost my marbles as we were up for 3 hours earlier this week.

My sister has been a good soldier/co-conspirator as she organized "Project Exhaustion" and the girls swam for hours the last 2 days, knocking their jet lag out of them (thank goodness).

Sabrina is an amazing swimmer!  She is an inspiration for Sophia (and me!).

The girls love playing with their cousins.  And I am sad that we don't live closer to them.  I did not grow up close to my cousins but Matt did and I think his whole childhood experience was richer as a result.

Jet lagged Sophia - she was sick for this day actually:
_DSC9829

Charlotte having breakfast at my folks's house.  Notice the green backyard (that I never spent any time in):
_DSC9831

Sophia likes to watch this surprisingly moving Cinderella sequel - Char calls it too scary (she does not like the evil stepmother):
_DSC9832

Camping Kye girls style!
_DSC9835

Frozen is a godsend!
_DSC9837

Swimming!
_DSC9838

_DSC9839

_DSC9840

Ideal mid swim snack - Doritos!
_DSC9841

_DSC9843

_DSC9845

_DSC9846

_DSC9850

_DSC9851

_DSC9854

We saw the Briggs - the originators of the Princess dresses for our girls!  The tradition continues:
_DSC9857

_DSC9858

_DSC9855




1 comment: