Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Week 229 and Week 141.5 - Jet Lag and School Starts

Ugh - sorry again this is so late.  Monster late.  Trouble is, I have been jet lagged and there has been some unanticipated changes in our domestic situation (simmer down everyone, nothing TOO serious) and there has been little time for this wee blog here.  But luckily I did not pass out today, Matt is playing his first night of hockey for the fall, so here I am, blogosphere!

I can pat myself on the back for being able to travel for 24+ hours with 2 toddlers by myself over 2 plane rides.  Bravery or insanity - you be the judge.  I know that if I can do that I can do anything.  There was more sleep involved on the trip back (from the girls) - there was a little 'assistance' if you can read between the lines here (and I would assist again - ha!).  I unfortunately had very little sleep as I was between both girls and was shoehorned into an optimal lap-pillow position for them and, well, I have this weird anatomical issue of an unusually long tail bone.  I did not realize this until speaking with Matt many years ago.   This 'issue' causes discomfort on long flights (unless in business class or above strangely enough) and I was in a suboptimal position while playing pillow.  So an hour I got over 29 hours.  Yeah, needless to say I was tired.

The girls started school yesterday - they are both at TIS and Sophia has made a whole crying production of going to school (sans socks thanks to her idiosyncrasies) yesterday and today but then is of course a star when we are not around.  She kept calling her teacher Mr. Wong yesterday and I think we have since corrected her to the appropriate Miss Wong.

The folks at Capoiera said Charlotte grew in three weeks.  Thank goodness!

Char is also speaking with an occasional Wisconsin accent.  And she misses her cousins!

And on a final note - you can buy pork rinds at the new Marks and Spencer in town.  And they are expensive!

Sorry I don't have a ton of pics this week - but just a few. 

Sunday morning fun time:
_DSC0184

_DSC0185

The girls ate like it was their last meal at Yum Cha last Sunday.  Here they are playing with an interactive Eric Carle toy - thanks Aunt Laurie!
_DSC0187

Matt says my new shrug (thanks Kathy!) looks like it would fit a little kid - he is right!  Here is Charlotte modeling:
_DSC0190

_DSC0191

Shopping fun!
_DSC0192

_DSC0193

Orchids:
_DSC0196

First day of school lunch for Char:
_DSC0198

First day of school pics:
_DSC0199

_MG_3658



No comments:

Post a Comment