Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Week 243 and Week 155.5 - Count Basie and Carols and Capoeira and a Dog

As I write the title of this post I just recently realized that I have been misspelling Capoeira.... as the i before e except after c rule must not apply to Portuguese I guess.

So a busy week for us yet again.  Matt and I went to our final event of the year - the AmCham Ball with Count Basie Orchestra playing.  Mind you, we are not event types (but I do like to dress up) but being in Asia it is hard to go a year without attending a black tie event (plus we had free tickets!).  It was fun, we met some of our neighbors, we danced at Bellini.  I would like to say that I did not feel it the next day but indeed I did by passing out at 8PM.

Sunday we swam which was great (we I mean Sophia and I) as the previous week was an unmitigated disaster with Daddy in the pool with her.  I was hoping this could be a daddy and me event but indeed it does not appear as if it will be.  We also picked up our dog we just adopted - Dawan, who is proving to be the sweetest dog ever.  Then we were going to go to Christmas carols at the Grand Coloane Resort, but Sophia was a monster on the ride over and we decided I would stay home with her (as she passed out in the car after a long bout of hysteria) and Matt took Charlotte to the carols.

Monday I brought a cookie cake to Sophia's class - as it was the official birthday celebration for the December birthdays.  I was impressed another mom was there - and it was not even her kid's birthday!  And other parents brought treats (again not their kids' birthdays).  Wow parents are nice.

Sophia had her first trial Capoeira class on Monday - as she is triumphantly turning 3 on Thursday we really wanted her to try.  She was reluctant but her encouraging sister and a bribe of chips got her started - and she was very good.  Looking forward to her being a part of that next year.

Capoeira is in a new boxing gym - which has very decent lighting for photographs:
_DSC0778

_DSC0779

_DSC0780

The Saturday class has a lot of kids in it:
_DSC0781

_DSC0782

AmCham ball home shot with Sophia:
_DSC0783

Charlotte helps feed Sophia:
_DSC0785

Welcome home Dawan!
_DSC0786

Charlotte and Santa at the carols event:
_DSC0790

Sophia at school at her birthday celebration:

_DSC0793

_DSC0791

_DSC0796

Sophia does a headstand at her trial Capoeira class:
_DSC0799

And helps out:
_DSC0800

_DSC0803

Charlotte likes to touch Justin - but he plays hard to get sometimes:
_DSC0805

Knocking Master Eddy over:
_DSC0807-2

_DSC0809

_DSC0811

_DSC0812

_DSC0822

Charlotte:
_DSC0813

_DSC0815

_DSC0821

Pillar:
_DSC0814

Justin:
_DSC0820

The girls love talking about eyelashes - telling me a borrowed mine from Tita Veronica.  Here is Sophia sporting her own:
_DSC0824




No comments:

Post a Comment