Thursday, March 19, 2015

March 19 - Uncle Wade comes to town!

Wade came to town last weekend with his 2 friends Charles and Chris.  Wade works for Cold Front - so it was cool to see him on this side of the world.  Wade is soft spoken but unbelievably organized with the most amazing itinerary ever.  He flew out today and probably got more out of eight days than most people get living in Hong Kong forever.  We took the boys to Petisquiera, to the Venetian (and the Carnevale), and to dim sum in their 40 hours in Macau.

This past Sunday was crazy busy - after our dim sum we took the girls ice skating and then saw Nanta.  Charlotte LOVED Nanta - she wanted to see it again right after we finished it.  All that drumming on kitchen surfaces... luckily she has not wanted to do too much of it since.

I wanted to mention a funny story - Matt bought me a new car - a fifteen year old minivan (new is a relative term).  When we went to the Philippines I inadvertently ran the battery down.  Matt charged the battery and then he asked me to run the car when he installed it the next day (he took it out and charged it).  When I turned the car on the alarm blared on - and I freaked out and pushed the button and it locked the car and then I slammed the door and there we were - with the hood up, the car running, and the keys locked inside of it.  After some serious sign language we got a car locksmith to come to the very dark parking ramp and unlock my car (for $100USD).  I was not having a good run with my new car (before this happened I had driven the car once.  Once!).  

This photo is from early January - and I love it!  Such a happy photo of Char:
_DSC1492-2

And this crazy fun picture of Sophia from January:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We love us some Justin!  
IMG_0021

Some painting fun at his house:
IMG_0161

Mester Eddy brought in these cool Brazilian Jazz band that were playing at Venetian a couple of weeks back - they all got bonus hugs from the kiddos:
IMG_0160

Wade and Charles and Chris!
_DSC2239

_DSC2243

I love this photo - because Matt is sneezing!
_DSC2240

Where is Sophia?
_DSC2249

The nwe went ice skating - the girls kept coming back from Orange Fanta sips:
_DSC2256

IMG_0166

IMG_0164

Rearview window worthy baby hockey skates!
_DSC2257

Pre Show Nanta Photo:
IMG_0170

With Aya and Emi:
IMG_0172


And some videos:

The girls opening Christmas presents.  Sophia's enthusiasm is infectious!

Sophia does Capoeira in the park.  In her Frocs (as she calls them) and her Princess Dress:


Here are a couple of Chinese New Year parade videos with Capoeira:



I am impressed with how well the girls walked in their skates.  Here is Sophia:















No comments:

Post a Comment