Sunday, May 17, 2015

May 17, 2015 - Buzzkills and Better things

I am coming off a week where I felt the world was conspiring against me.

Complaints about the dog.

Complaints about scooter riding.

Calling someone's BS at work.

And then over the weekend something very special happened.

Our Capoeira Mestre - a very esteemed individual - had a special surprise - his first student ever from a long time ago came to Macau as a surprise.

And it was so incredibly moving - just to see and be part of all of the love and emotion of the room - and I felt really lucky to be part of something so... I dunno.  It was hard to describe.

I genuinely appreciate the Capoeira family - such a nice group who are all about family and community and warm fuzzies.  It has certainly made my Macau experience so much better this time... for my kids to be part of a big community... I am sorry... I am not the best at describing matters of the heart.  It was amazing to be part of something so great - especially when I can have such a coat of expat armor over me most of the time...

Anyway - here are some pictures.

Charlotte kick playing Jenny - awesome!
_DSC3457

Sophia in on the fun:
_DSC3469

Mestre Eddy and his first student Contra Mestre Andrezinho:
_DSC3341

And now some pictures from when we went to the Macau Tower and got in trouble for having fun.  Blah:
_DSC3228

_DSC3229

_DSC3231

_DSC3236

_DSC3238

_DSC3239

_DSC3241

_DSC3244





No comments:

Post a Comment