Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Week 52 - Almost One!

Tomorrow is Charlotte's Birthday.  A year ago tonight Matt and I had a decadent meal at Spruce including grown-up mac and cheese and a proper hamburger (though I think grown up as well with caramelized onions).  And then a year ago tomorrow was the craziest day of my life - even more crazy than my wedding day!  I should write a worst case scenario book that they sell at Urban Outfitters, except I hate that store because of what they did to Johnny Cupcakes.

I have not succeeded in weaning Charlotte from visual stimuli while eating.  She knows she has me wrapped around her little finger - providing Elmo and the Bucky song with a grave shake of her head.

Charlotte is now walking all the time.  It was a gradual transition that it blindsided us until I thought about it three days ago.  She also has squeaky shoes that Susan Kuklinski gave her.  Matt has never seen her wear them as I am sure he would throw them out the window - he is fundamentally opposed to squeaky shoes.  I am ok with that because I am a wuss when it comes to smallish shoes.

Charlotte went to her first birthday party - for the twins on Saturday.  She had stranger anxiety again... but luckily it got better and it wasn't an afternoon of sobbing.  The twins came over this morning and the girls played - aside from some snack possessiveness everyone played well.

Here is Charlotte and Daddy (in matching outfits) opening Charlotte's first birthday gift that arrived on Sunday(!):

Charlotte and the twin girls battling for snacks at the girls' party...

...and playing more peaceably at our house this morning...

Here is Charlotte stealthily scrounging for snacks from Kiro:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte's stranger anxiety manifests even among friends... o dear...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Happy Family:


Charlotte dark (literally) and conniving:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

In a Wisconsin cheerleading outfit from Aunts Lindsey and Hillary:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Happy:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte - readying herself for a day at the beach -with sunglasses and teether in tow!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Glamorpuss:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous journey. More silly times are ahead. I enjoy reading about your family!

    ReplyDelete