Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Week 57 - Brought to you by the letter W

Admittedly when I write this blog now it feels a bit anticlimactic now.  Is there that much more to update after the 1st year?  I don't know.  It certainly doesn't feel a lot different.  Certainly there are weeks that feel like nothing has changed, and then there are weeks where so much has changed it is hard to begin to document these changes.  I am not sure where this week fell.  Remember my rant last week about how she isn't speaking?  Well, she is now speaking.  Kind of.  She often says "Double U" - an odd thing to say but she says it maybe 500 times a day as of Saturday.  Plus her intermittent signing is back - she has recently signed ball, more (2 new words) and thank you (because we think she is saying thank you, but when we ask her to say it she just signs it).

Speaking of signing,  Charlotte has no time for TV anymore.  None.  All she wants to do is walk.  In fact, it seems like walking is even trumping... afternoon napping.  2 days late last week she didn't nap in the afternoon.  We haven't had the 'talk' but needless to say we aren't ready for her to transition to one nap a day.  Matt and I watched her alone on Sunday and Tuesday (wow - 3 holidays in May - yikes) and she tuckered us out.  I mean serious tuckering.  Luckily she has napped a bit better over the last couple of days - so maybe the erratic napping we can chalk up to sickness.

Speaking of sickness - Charlotte is 99% well - a little night cough here and there but overall she is a champion healer.  I, on the other hand, am healing oh so slowly... luckily green phlegm is gone but the night hacking remains.  It is as if I have a mucus drip on the back of my throat - like when you leave your faucet to drip in cold weather (so I hear anyway).  O well.


Last week I thought that the yogurt was a miss - but it actually is a hit!  Charlotte likes it and there seems to be no major adverse effects.  Next up - cow's milk!  If Ava (Charlotte's cousin) is any indication, the milk may not go well.  But at least we can give it the old preschool try.

We did this post mother's day tea thing at the Swissotel Merchant Court Sunday- I would not necessarily go again but we learned that Charlotte loves roti prata (kind of a buttery flour pancake).  Could not get enough of it.  The fresh roti prata was noteworthy, but little else was (the scones!  My god they were a disaster.  A tea buffet should always be about the scones!)

On a completely different tangent - for my friend Tina in Baton Rouge - here is the sewing project that I did yesterday.  It was fun!  Can I sew straight?  Not exactly but this was a quick and satisfying project.  Photos to start:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I got kind of lazy with the lining too:

Charlotte sashays:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

It is official - Charlotte walks twice as fast as her mommy!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

A sweaty stop for a moment:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

While getting the hang of swinging - this is clearly an activity Charlotte does not imminently enjoy:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


After her fill of roti prata - Charlotte charms a Toblerone from the front desk clerk at Swissotel:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


And the videos:
Charlotte plays in the bath...


... and her pool.

Check out 8 seconds into this video for a "W":

2 comments:

  1. Love the little purse! It came out great. You're such a good blogger - FB ruined me! Charlotte is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete