Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Moving

I am sitting in front of my dying Mac (dying due to a lack of power) trying to capture the sadness of leaving our house.  I have never before been so attached to a house - we did get married here (and unexpectedly board some 6 friends and family here post wedding) and our dear Charlotte was born on the stairs here.  But it is a house and not a person or being I suppose - and we must leave it as we desire to have a house that is easier to maintain and cheaper - as I am not working as I was in flush mid 2008.  It is a beautiful house - with many parts that we never even took full advantage of (all of the decks and balconies upstairs).  I had asked Matt to come home from work today to offer me moral support as I am sad to see all our stuff being packed up from our beautiful home.  But I suppose it is a beautiful home - but not ours anymore.  I am sitting among boxes and plastic wrap and am wistful for a more comfortable place to sit than this dining chair - but alas plastic wrap has engulfed all of our cushier seats.  Tonight is the last night in our house - and tomorrow we will be in our new house to spend at least two more years of adventures with our expanding family.  Why am I so emotional about this?  I guess I can blame it on the hormones...

No comments:

Post a Comment