Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Week 68 and Week 20 - Back in the blogging groove

So we are in our new house.  When I say in I mean in a literal (and mostly psychological) sense, though I am still frustrated we aren't fully moved in because we have a bookshelf that hasn't been installed (there is a benefit from buying from Ikea than from no name mainland China as the latter probably uses stupid flimsy screws that cannot be found outside of China.  This has now happened to use twice over two moves). 

Charlotte hated the house the first night - up most of the night crying, sleeping with us, etc.  The second day and night was much better - I suppose she is change averse (who isn't) but once she realized this is her new home - she has embraced it with reckless (sleep) abandon.  In fact the third night she slept till 9AM - and Matt was late for work!  There were a few days of 9AM, but now she is getting up at 8AM. 

On the pregnancy front - I did the 20 week scan yesterday (sans Matt) and the Cheese Curd (haha) has all her limbs and a brain and skin over her spine - so all is well there.  O and the Cheese Curd is a girl - so my parents have 2 daughters who each have 2 daughters!  I forgot to mention last week that I felt the baby move - at 19 weeks (not a lot - just when I am about to sleep).  I have been less yeast infectiony this time around (sorry if TMI - this is a journal for me too) but have had more bouts of indigestion then I ever did with Char Char.  I will post some of the alien like photos sometime - they need to be scanned and dealt with and quite frankly my multi media at the moment is still stifled by, well, my lack of finishing unpacking because of that stupid (scapegoat) bookshelf.

Speaking of multi media - I have taken more photos and videos on my phone and uploaded them to Facebook - which is good to keep people informed but not so good for my photo organization/posterity.  I don't know how to upload the droid videos to youtube... does anyone?

Sometime today or tomorrow I am hoping to get the Canon S95 - yeah!  I miss having a little camera (besides the phone - which takes surprisingly decent photos but you know, I am a bit of a camera snob).

For your information - the 85mm lens is great for the park but rubbish at home.  Charlotte runs up to it and there is a minimal distance (I think around 5 feet) that you need for it to work.  Great for the park - but you must focus on the right thing!  It is bokeh crazy so you must be quick with finding what you want to focus on.

Ok, enough blabbing.  On with it!

Here is Charlotte playing with Luigi's kids at our old house:

Charlotte asleep in the car (reprint from FB):
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte with her new Vietnamese dress:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


 Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte drives with her daddy's smile:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte at the grocery store:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte had a funny face day:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
And enjoyed the swing - for once:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Charlotte wants to show that she can slide like a lady:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Wisconsin family would be so proud of her multiple dress week (this one is short!)!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Charlotte and Bucky:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte and Daddy:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte laughing at this 'fake' dog (but still petting it):
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

My favorite pic of the week:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments:

Post a Comment