Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Week 69 and Week 21 - New Camera, new teeth

Wednesday night, after I wrote my last blog entry, was the beginning of a week of Charlotte teething.  This lasted until, well last night.  Less eating, slight fever, general grumpiness, getting up once or twice a night - all of the usual characters showed up this week.  There were many nights of Panadol to allow her to sleep better.  We are glad the teeth are in (the second ones in from the back on the top - I am not sure if I mentioned her back top teeth are in - which gives her a grand total of 12 teeth!  Eight more baby teeth to go!).

Words this week?  Charlotte has said water and flower - so the "er" words are emerging.
We need Grandpa Drake to upload some videos - as I think Char learned fastest with him.   Could you please oblige via youtube Grandpa?

She also knows where her belly is and smacks "aaah" after drinking some water (not sure where she learned either of these things).  She says apple all the time but always throws her apple pieces on the floor.  We gave her some peanut butter and there was a big rash that ensued - so no more peanut butter for now (we are not sure if this is concurrent with heat rash but we are being conservative).

I also have a new camera - the Canon S95.  The ergonomics are not the S90 (which I was used to) but I can manage.  Also the video is good but not as good as the Flip.  But if I just want to carry one camera the S95 is it!  I have taken all these pictures in low light as our house's lighting is not conducive to flashless photography.  Argh.

We went to the Dargans and met with Olivia, Clarice and Mike.  It was great exchanging labor stories as they had the opposite labor experience as we did (66 hours - amazing).

In pregnancy news - I still have belly issues - my tummy is not the machine it was with Char.  I am very stomach sensitive but not so emotional these days.  I didn't even flinch today when I got a flat tire (enter Matt to the rescue!).  It was one of those days but it didn't phase me as much as it could have.

Here is Charlotte playing with Imee in her cardboard 'house':

Although this photo is blurry - it demonstrates Charlotte mad new skills of fake phone talking:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte having a drink on the sofa:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte sports her new full body bib from Ikea - great for those normally messy spaghetti dinners:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The dads in their polos and the girls in their pink dresses:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

She sleeps again:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We have this Great Dane in our new neighborhood - Tiny is her name and she is one.  Charlotte loved meeting her!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Charlotte loves her new carrier - Daddy!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo of the week!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug








No comments:

Post a Comment