Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Week 76 and week 28 - Books, glucose and sleep regression

I went in for my glucose test today- good times drinking a supersweet Fanta and getting pricked 3 times for yucky blood  - and the doctor said I am the only one of the three today who passed.   A blessing in disguise really as someone (ok, probably me) should tell myself to stop eating so many darn sweets.  I love sweets when pregnant - ice cream these days.  Otherwise the baby is trending below average - not alarmingly so but her belly size has her coming on Christmas!   She is now 1100 g or around 2.5 pounds.  At the moment she is head up - which makes me nervous but neither Matt or Doctor C.  I joked if our baby comes on Christmas that we should name her Jesus.  I would really prefer she not arrive then.

Doctor C suggested I make a double booking at his hospital and the one by our house.  This was the most excited I ever saw the husband at a doctor visit (as he knew if I delivered at the local hospital he would be able to sleep at home instead of the crappy companion quarters).  The nurses were quite confused at my request to book this second hospital so I had to explain to them that I had a crazy labor before and Doctor C is being cautious.  I gathered that this is pretty unusual protocol for my busy doctor.  I appreciate his efforts of treating me well in this way - as I think he genuinely feels bad for missing Charlotte's birth.

In Charlotte news - over the last week she has finally shown an interest in books!  17+ months of pushing (not militantly, just some) and she will bring one to Matt or me any time of day to read!  She really liked the Very Hungry Caterpillar among a couple of less famous ones.

This is also the first week (except for two nights ago) that she didn't get up!  Two nights ago she woke up with teeth pain (her bottom left molar is the last of the 14 she has to erupt.  Owwie).  This ends a month or so of crap parenting sleep and grumpy Drakes.  This week I read about 18 month sleep regression and though I still blame teething to some extent this did make me feel better in a 'it's not just you' way.

Videos are back!  The Flip's battery has died but I bought rechargeable ones so all is well.  I can do videos with the S95 but I like the way Flip's are organized on the computer and uploads.  Be prepared to be bombarded....

Here is an older video of Charlotte saying her favorite word - no...
Charlotte carries her diaper bag as if she is going shopping:

Cheeky Charlotte says "Imee" instead of "Yaya" and wants tortilla chips... again:

Charlotte lifting a step stool that we have to always get her off of:

Charlotte tries on shoes - again:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Daddy and Charlotte watch the neighborhood party emcee on Saturday:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

But Charlotte is not to sure to leave Daddy's side:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

But she likes the bouncy castle - the outskirts of it anyway:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Charlotte likes lifting mommy's pregnancy ball:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

...and playing with remote controls...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

...and reading books...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

...and making funny faces:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug










No comments:

Post a Comment