Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Week 77 and week 29 - Some kind of wonderful

Charlotte is back in the sleeping groove!  Hurray hurray!  Maybe she got up once this week - getting up meaning that we (this time Matt) actually got up to tend to her (or was it last week?  I am not sure).  There are 14 teeth in - six more to go and all of those pesky molars are in (thank goodness) - so maybe there will be less pain.  One can only hope. 

We had an usually eventful week.  We went to Tanjong Beach Club on Saturday to celebrate Christine's birthday and as reluctant as I was to take Charlotte off of her afternoon nap schedule - she loved the beach!  She of course loved chasing the dogs around and playing with the sand.  Silly mommy forgot her swimsuit but luckily Traejen graciously loaned us his swim trunks.  Christine's mom took Charlotte in the pool - and she loved it!  A great day that resulted in 5 hours of napping on Sunday!  I think we may have found Charlotte's weekly routine....

Sunday we tried storytelling by our house - Charlotte was the only kid and didn't really have the attention span for it.  A good trial for $5.  I think if there were other kids she could have modeled their behavior (assuming that they would be undividedly listening). 

Monday was Matt's birthday - he got this amazing angry birds cake at work and we went to Hooha's for a steak dinner.  Nice and lowkey - just like Matt!

Monday Charlotte helped me get ready to go to work (I am sometimes working at Matt's).  We jammed out to my Some Kind of Wonderful soundtrack on audio cassette.  Who says you can't dance to '80's music?

Tuesday I took Charlotte to a baby yoga class - there were 3 other kids and there was a lot of running around.  I did not realize it was so mommy participatory as my pregnancy prevented many moves.  Our teacher Sam was accommodating to my limitations - she had the patient yet bubbly disposition of teaching small kids - something that I probably will never have.  Charlotte was a star with her daddy-taught 'tuck your head and roll' technique that also made her a standout at My Gym.  Who knew I could give birth to someone with athletic skills? Hmm.  I suppose a subconscious decision on natural selection.  Anyway - the class was fun - I hope to go again soon.

BTW - I have a new niece - Sabrina Smith was born on Matt's birthday (Oct 3).  She looks a lot like her daddy...

A very busy week indeed!

Sassy Charlotte drinks her milk in her new dress!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte points on a swing:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte is excited that the twins and Eddie visit our park!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The birthday girl and her T:
<Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Kvatching with T:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Char loves swimming!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Char with daddy on his birthday morning!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I made Matt dirt for his birthday:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte not too sure about storytelling:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Matt's amazing Angry Birds birthday cake!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Char and her impressive tuck and roll at baby yoga class (she is well on her way to protecting herself if she ever catches afire):
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Happy at the park!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
And now - the videos!

Charlotte in the pool at the Tanjong Beach Club:

Dancing at the Tanjong Beach Club:

This is the cutest video of the week - Charlotte lecturing herself in the mirror, dancing to my Some Kind of Wonderful soundtrack, and brushing her hair:

No comments:

Post a Comment