Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Week 80 and week 32 - Charlotte observations

So - here are a few observations on Charlotte in her infinite glory as an 18 month old:
  1. Charlotte is LOUD. But only in the privacy of our own home.  She is too conscious of herself in public to be a loudmouth.  But she also can be too shy to show her mad skills to our doctor.
  2. Charlotte likes to pick out her own clothes - but says NO to almost everything.  She likes the pretty girly things if she chooses anything at all.  We usually decide on something that she nixes but she wears anyway.
  3. Charlotte has become painfully camera aware.  It is hard to capture her smiling and dancing freely these days as she knows when she is being watched.  
  4. Charlotte is getting increasingly difficult to feed.  This has always been the case but she requires a monumental effort in DISTRACTION.  This used to be sign language DVD's but now is books and occassionally flash cards.  We often relent and let her roam around as we chase her down with a plastic spoonful of food. 
  5. Speaking of feeding - you have to present Charlotte food in increasing order of what she likes hierarchy.  She likes oatmeal but she LOVES eggs, so it is oatmeal first.  And you cannot even indicate that there are even eggs until they are presented - otherwise it is an oatmeal FAIL.
  6. Charlotte has gotten in the habit of standing the entire duration of a bath (a handheld shower head bath) - I am not sure the last time that I was able to wash her feet as she sasses when she is asked to sit.
  7. Charlotte doesn't like hair accessories like barrettes or hats - just like her mother.  She pulls them off of her head - which is fine by me because I am not good at putting barrettes in my own (and her) hair anyway.
  8. Charlotte recently likes throwing books, especially the Sandra Boynton ones with pigs on them.  I often question whether I should discipline her on things like this - but I do as I think she will hurt herself.  At the moment she just laughs at the discipline.
Regarding the pregnancy - my lower back (on the left especially) is giving me much issue in the mornings.  I cannot seem to reconcile sleeping on my side and keeping the covers on.  I have slept by myself over the past week (Matt has been in Dubai) and have 2 heavy comforters (I am a blanket person) - and yet I wake up in the middle of the night with nothing on me.  I can remain asleep under the covers when I am on my back apparently.  Oh, and I think the Cheese Curd is auditioning for Swan Lake in my belly for most of the night.  I am SO tired during the day - I am sleeping pretty unevenly at night and I need to recover.  I am driving with the wheel on my belly - too short legs and too round belly does not a good combination maketh.

We are also dogsitting our friend's boxer Dave.  

Anyway - here are the pics and stuff.
Here is Charlotte putting the buckle on her eating chair:

And Charlotte blowing bubbles with our awesome neighbors Aunt Susie and TT:

Here is Dave.  I got in a heated argument with a meddling lady in the park who thought Dave should be muzzled (even though it is not required).  At least no one should mess with us while he stays at our house:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte, at first reluctant, has grown to like Dave.  This is her double fisted petting:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte in her new bohemian dress from Grandma Kye:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And plays in the park:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I always like her sideways glances:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte tries on these new flip flops.  Unfortunately they don't fit well as she has inherited her mother's Barney Rubble feet:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Having a good laugh about it:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments:

Post a Comment