Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Week 88 and Week 1.5 - Random thoughts on breastfeeding and others

Hello readers,

Still in the midst of breastfeeding - but it did get better surprisingly.  Although I think I nursed 18 hours 2 days ago.  I haven't supplemented since day 2 so this is a success in and of itself.

Below are some random thoughts from the week:
  • Uterine pains after the first day of breastfeeding were worse than labor. 
  • Sometimes 1 hour of sleep = functioning.
  • I felt like Sophia was sucking the marrow out of my bones on the 3rd night
  • I finally know what the let-down sensation is - it is sort of like sparks!
  • Sophia's original due date came and went without much pomp and circumstance.
  • My OB-GYN said I was built to make babies and was shocked I only had 5 minutes of pain.  I asked him if it was the hypnobirthing and he emphatically said "No, it is not the hypnobirthing."  So I suppose I can chalk it up to genetics.
  • Like Charlotte, Sophia hasn't 'gone' by herself since being in the hospital.  Why do we have kids with such slow bowels?  Hopefully this will resolve itself in the next week...
  • Sophia weighed 3.17 kg on Friday (5 days after birth)- 6% less than her birth weight which was a relief!  She weighed 3.29 kg yesterday.  The breastfeeding seems to be working...
  • Charlotte calls Sophia 'FI-A' (with a long I)
  • Charlotte now says "Come" if you say thank you
  • If you tell Charlotte "I love you" she replies "I'm fine!"
  • Thank goodness for Aunt Susie and Imee to help me take pictures of Charlotte this week!

Got to upload some videos this week - so here they are:

Final dinner at TGIF the Friday before Sophia was born!  Didn't know it was the last as a threesome (so glad we took Char out):

Moments after Sophia was born:

Charlotte meets Sophia for the first time:

Sophia before we checked out of the hospital:

Charlotte meets Sophia at home for the first time:

Sophia burping and sleeping:


Sophia with Daddy as Charlotte looks on:

And some photos (it is very hard to take a photo with Sophia's eyes open):

Charlotte dances near Sophia:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And kisses her sister:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Awake-ish:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Accidentally matching:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Cookie decorating (Aunt Susie can get better smiling shots of Charlotte than I can):
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Post decorating juice break:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

B&W of her awake photo from last week:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Sleepy babushka:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Thoughtful babushka:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

2 comments:

  1. Loved all the videos. So cute Charlotte saying "it's so nice" when you brought the baby home. Sophia is just adorable, a real beauty - both of your girls are! That video where you're burping her is just too cute, those little eyes struggling to stay away. Glad you are all doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Built to make babies? Better you than me!

    ReplyDelete