Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Week 86 and Week 38 - Sick Charlotte

Is it a coincidence that the day that I stop working at Matt's is the day that Charlotte falls sick?  She has been getting up for the past few weeks for gas (we also learned Nan HA has lactose so have switched her).  Then she got a fever/cough thing that keeps her up for HOURS.  As in 4 hours 3 nights ago and 3 hours last night.  We have been to the doctor many times and she says it is not serious and the wet/awake cough is a sign for better days ahead.  Needless to say the house is tired.  We all need a big family bed nap (including Bucky).  Char has been sickly off and on for a while so hopefully this is a sign for a healthy-as-a-horse immune system soon...

I went to the doctor this week - the first time that he alluded that my baby may be big!  Egads.  She is now 3.3 kg or so - the same weight Charlotte was when she was born.  Miraculously I am not as puffy as I was with Char - I can still wear my wrist watch but admittedly things are getting sort of elephanty in the ankle department.  He has no idea when baby will come.  Of course many people think I will deliver any moment now (including sometimes myself).  He is now on holiday till the 13th.  I hope that the baby doesn't come while he is gone. 

It has not rained the last few days - so Charlotte has been able to play in the park in the afternoon which is great!  Of course it is hot as hell for me - from about noon onwards till I sleep I am just sweating buckets in our often breezeless house. 

On a lighter Charlotte note - we have been showing her these flash cards and she knows the word for.... dragon!  Her first abstract thing (meaning not in her daily life) that she has learned...

Charlotte points out the garbage truck:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte and Daddy:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charleader and her cheerleader moves:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte with a cousin Ava face:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Serious Char in the car:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Char pointing out the birds!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments:

Post a Comment