Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Week 85 and Week 37 - Thanksgiving, Anniversary and Full term!

So it has been a busy week.  We were lucky to go to two Thanksgiving meals and we celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary - all within a weekend!  I was ecstatic to make a pumpkin pie with a homemade crust - no small feat here in tropical Singapore!  This was probably the greatest culinary moment in 2011 for me.  I think I also took about 3 showers a day while in the kitchen this weekend as Cheese Curd Furnace + Hot Singapore + working over an oven makes for one hot mama!

Still working a lot at Matt's so no great park pictures this week.  
Charlotte is helping mom out in the kitchen and washing dishes.  She loves rinsing them out - she gets rather upset when we turn the water off.  Speaking of upset, we think Charlotte is starting the terrible twos a few months early.  She has had a few meltdowns - but these are now much louder, much more ' the sky is falling' meltdowns.  She has gotten up a few times this week and there is nothing like getting up to your child shrieking uncontrollably.  We thought maybe she was getting sick (she has had a runny nose for a couple of weeks and was tugging at her ear) so I took her to the doctor Monday and she is not sick (good) but may have gas (or as they say in this part of the world - wind) or teething issues overnight.  She is also skipping her second nap a couple of times a week.  Her active 'park' schedule has been off a bit thanks to torrential rain that has been relentless of late - so I think if she was at the park twice a day every day she would sleep better.  O well.  At least she gets to spend time at her BFF TT's house!  Today they looked at Xmas decorations on Orchard Road with Tita Monica and Yaya Imee.  Too cute - wish I could have been there!
Oh, and she is drinking out of a cup!  Now if we can just get her to drink milk out of a cup....

As for me - I went to the doctor and all is fine and the baby is 3kg and could come any day now.  The head is not engaged but one cough/contraction and it could be.  Doctor seems to think baby could come near my due date but maybe earlier?  I am on high alert.  I also got to do a CTG scan as I don't normally feel my contractions.  This is basically a fetal heart monitor that goes around your (big) belly.  And then you lie on a bed which equals taking a nap for 45 minutes for tired me.  I was supposed to hit a button when I felt a contraction and I did this... for the 5 minutes I was awake.  Happily my belly is not much bigger (this has been true for the last 3 months really) but in profile I really do look like Alfred Hitchcock's face:


Here are some headless friends modeling with the great spread at the Stampers!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte helps stir the pie filling - but feels icky after getting some on her hand:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Pumpkin pie!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Lovely Susie channels Katie Brown!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Cup drinking:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Charlotte doing well at the doctor's:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Char and Tita Monica before their Orchard Road adventures:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte doesn't like her stroller much these days - but she still loves to play with the buckles!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And videos this week:
Charlotte dances while watching Daddy's corporate video (longish at 3 minutes - dancing begins at 1:30 or so):

Charlotte helps make pumpkin pie:

Charlotte knows how to say things:


2 comments:

  1. Why is Charlotte wearing so many clothes in the last video. If kidlet and Chupa were there they would be naked babies.

    ReplyDelete