Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Week 83 and Week 35 - Braxton Hicks and Charley Horse

This is a week dedicated to pregnancy.  Matt was briefly away to Macau to do boy things (e.g. golf) and Aunt Julia stayed another week which was great.  On Friday night she and I walked to my favorite neighborhood tofu dessert place which was 20 minutes of walking and then I noticed this stomach tightening... could it have been Braxton Hicks contractions?  I never had these with Charlotte but I definitely knew I wasn't going into labor (well, if the last time was any indicator that is).  These contractions continued through the night which was tres uncomfortable.  I went to the doctor on Saturday and he confirmed my assumption and my cervix is nice and shut for now.  Luckily these contractions subsided as the weekend continued.  Matt got home late Sunday and Monday morning I had a Charley Horse in my right calf when I woke up.   Argh.  This is the part of pregnancy that I really don't like - systemic body failure.  I did learn that the head is down and engaged - but that really doesn't mean anything now.  Shockingly I also was the same weight - miraculous given my heavy diet of Oreos of late...

We are trying to mix up Charlotte's admittedly monotonous food offerings - we made meatloaf and lentils with bacon this week!  We welcome any suggestions for other toddler friendly foods....

Charlotte still hates brushing her teeth but Matt theorizes that a couple more bottom teeth may be about to cut through.  Funny I thought that they had all done that by now...

It has been an enormously rainy week so we have spent a lot of time with TT in the afternoons - as this is a much more desirable alternative to getting monsooned upon (note there aren't really monsoons in Singapore, but the rain can be heavy).  According to Tita Monica Charlotte said "I want hug" with outstretched arms to TT yesterday at our house.  TT sweetly obliged.  The two of them also walk down the street holding hands.  So bloody cute...

I have read up on Waldorf homeschooling and have given it a brief whirl.  Monday we made my sister's brownies (Charlotte helped crack eggs and stir with a wooden spoon - she was very clear she wanted no help with this) and Tuesday we made banana oat bars, which I highly recommend as it is easy to prepare.  I had encouraged Charlotte to mix with her hands and being this anomalous neatnik toddler that she is becoming, she refused.

I have been busy helping Matt at the office so there isn't a ton of pictures this week.  But there are some...

...first we will start with a video I took tonight - Charlotte thinks she is a zombie!

Char walking to TT's tonight at twilight:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte slides:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
And looks serious:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

She watches as the oats go into the banana oat bars:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Not sure if Charlotte is grumpy her hair is so long now:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

She plays in TT's room with his construction toys:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Here is Char and TT holding hands while basking in the new moonlight:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments:

Post a Comment