Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Week 96 and Week 9.5 - Talking

Charlotte is talking a lot these days.  She has just begun to say "Bless You" when we sneeze.  The other day Bucky was in her way going up the stairs and she said "Excuse Me, Bucky!" 

As I thought she was ready, I let her walk down the stairs by herself (holding the wall and handrail).  Success!

We are also potty training - albeit not aggressively.  She has pooped in the potty twice (success!) and peed several times.  Matt is the most vigilant of us - which is good.  Having 2 kids in diapers is not a huge issue until you realize how much diaper waste your house is producing.

Sophia had her first jabs yesterday and is running a slight fever. She is 57 cm and did not cry so much after her jabs.

I am doing this 'pumping and nursing' at the same time which is kind of a pain but I am conscious that I am not making enough milk.  I think I have hypoplasia as my breasts never really got full during pregnancy (and it took a good 5 days before I got milk).  My friend Tina has recommended this supplement that has goats rue which is supposed to help with the improperly developed glandular tissue.  It is coming with Matt's dad in a week!  Yay!

Sophia pooped on her own on Saturday!  She is getting enough milk (I guess) but is an infrequent pooper.  O, the chronicles of the infrequent pooper.

Charlotte has been ok but her jealousy does manifest itself.  I went jogging in the morning and asked Imee to watch Sophia in the park.  Charlotte was SO jealous!  I wanted to take her with me but our MacLaren would make for a hideous ride!  Thank goodness Matt's dad is bringing a jogging stroller (forever grateful to Bob for the BOB).

I have met a lovely mom in the park - Natalie.  We had coffee (or a water for me) at her house across the park from us.  I marveled at the schedule of her adorable son (now 6 months or so) Reese.  I love the park.  It is the water cooler of the mom's world!

We also went to dim sum with our friends the Briggs and it was a great way to pass time on a Sunday.  And our Charlotte (they have a Charlotte too!) is a champion eater of Chinese food!

Videos:
Trying to get Charlotte to do the Peanuts dance. Man is she a fast runner!

And Ila almost driving into me! :)


Pictures..
Charlotte's crabby...
_DSC0278

And crabby wearing TT's hat:
_DSC0280

TT shoots...
_DSC0283

Comfy with Monica (the baby whisperer):
_DSC0285

Playing in the sandbox with daddy:
_DSC0293

Sophia happy in her Ergo insert - I call her "Souvlaki Sophia":
_DSC0295

_DSC0298

Charlotte in the park:
_DSC0306

_DSC0307

_DSC0303

_DSC0309
I feel like a paparazzo here at Vivo City:
IMG_1776

IMG_1791

Playing in the water:
IMG_1781

IMG_1782

With a super wet diaper:
IMG_1790

Ila is a serious driver:
IMG_1788

Reese is a serious cutie:
_DSC0323

The Bumbo is slightly more successful:
_DSC0329

More Sophia smiling:
_DSC0324

_DSC0317

_DSC0314

1 comment:

  1. Are those the shoes I got you? Are they the smaller or bigger size?

    ReplyDelete