Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Week 100 and Week 13.5

Wow - Charlotte is 100 weeks old today! Soon to be 2 years - wow... how time flies.

An eventful Charlotte week - she unfortunately witnessed a dog attack her old park pal Toby. We have had 2 nights of very little sleep as we think she was unsettled by the event (as anyone would be). A bizarre circumstance in this is that now she is sleeping in the big bed! She is also napping crappy but it is hard to say if it because of the dog incident or not. I have always prided myself that Charlotte was so laissez-faire around dogs... well now I am not sure how she will be. So far she is the same with Bucky and her park dog friends. Healthy fear is not a bad thing.

Matt cut Charlotte's bangs with cuticle scissors on Monday.  I wanted to be the barber but Matt was more motivated.  He did a pretty good job and Charlotte is cute with tidier bangs.

I have begun pumping once overnight - as I continue to be concerned about Sophia's weight gain. The trick with this is to keep my mind as unengaged as possible as I find it impossible to go back to bed afterwards - making for a baggy eyed tired mom. I want to make it to 6 months and maybe it is getting easier (or maybe a bit more predictable). This article is my inspiration. I have been feeding and pumping for most of the week but did what this article suggests (the comments anyway) and on Monday fed every 90 minutes of the waking hour - and although it was hard (and Sophia was initially fussy) it seems to have done something positive for my supply.

In my analytic geekiness I weighed a diaper with 3 tablespoons of water (a 'wet' diaper) - it was 65g on my re-purposed food scale. So for a day I weighed her diapers and she wet 8 at 65g or more in a day. So she is getting enough.

Our friends Ron and Lina donated some breast milk to us. I am grateful to these kind and wonderful souls...

Ok - on with the photos...

Sophia has blue eyes!
_DSC0452

Happy baby:
_DSC0449

She holds on to her Eric Carle caterpillar:
_DSC0460

Char, Tita Magi and Toby:
_DSC0477

Char wearing Grandma Shirley's Singapore dress:
_DSC0479

_DSC0485
Charlotte wearing her new skirt from Auntie Susie's trip to Bali:
_DSC0465

And another way:
_DSC0470

1 comment: