Friday, May 25, 2012

Week 110 and Week 23.5 - Seoul Train

My apologies for the late post this week.  I was in Seoul for a few days and had intermittent internet and was traveling on Wednesday (a long flight filled with a crying Sophia, a trigger happy 'fasten seatbelt sign' Captain, and very nice Korean Air flight attendants who walked Sophia up and down the aisles.  She was eventually comforted by the human pacifier).

Back to Korea - my 3rd trip in 9 years was a small sojourn to visit my parents who were there for my dad's high school alumni reunion.  A good opportunity to return to the motherland and for the folks to meet Sophia.  She was remarkable in general to travel with - portable and compliant.  For my next trip I need to somehow teach her how to sleep in a bassinet.  Speaking of sleep, she did not sleep well at night - waking every 2-3 hours to feed was exhausting.  Luckily I think she is back to her night sleeping in our few days back in Singapore.

Did not see much of Korea - but did get to Myongdong (where there is a Face Shop at every corner) and the Shilla buffet which was nothing short of fantastic!  The Shilla buffet was where I spent my birthday.  My parents lovely friends rented us a private room which was nice as Sophia got to spread out and do tummy time while we ate.

It was interesting to be in Korea with my parents - they were tourists as much as I was!  My dad grew up in Myongdong and rendered it virtually unrecognizable except for an old theater.  The city is large and sprawling - exhausting to navigate like Hong Kong (but bigger and sprawlier) and stroller unfriendly (well at least the train appeared to be).

Charlotte was a l'enfant terrible while I was gone apparently.  Phone calls to dad to tell her to behave were made.  She seems better now that I am back.  Well, except for the pink eye and the fever.

Oh - we have whipped out our double stroller too!

Char and daddy at the airport:
IMG_1931

Mom buying me hodduk in Myongdong:
IMG_1932-2

Parents in Myongdong:
IMG_1933

The remaining theater in Myongdong:
IMG_1934

My dad eating some green tea/vanilla ice cream like concoction.  It was good!
IMG_1939

Sophia and Granddad:
IMG_1940

Sophia and Grandma at this yummy buckwheat noodle restaurant:
IMG_1951

The family on a mountain with cool carved statues:
IMG_1960

My dad and Dr. Yoon:
IMG_1969

Mrs. Yoon, the back of Sophia's head and I:
IMG_1970

Grandpa and Sophia do tummy time together:
IMG_1974

Yummy foot snack at the airport:
IMG_1975

Bucky suffers through Charlotte's fashion whims:
_DSC1193

Pre-Conjunctivitis winking:
_DSC1194

Double stroller!
_DSC1198


No comments:

Post a Comment