Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Week 112 and Week 25.5 - Tough week

Another tough week in the Drake household.  Charlotte is better but Sophia and I are sick.  Sophia has a runny nose and a cough and  I am at the tail end of it but have this horrendous night cough that kept me awake for four hours last night.  Times like this validate that I am a wuss and indeed have a low pain threshold (throat pain always derails me).  Plus the whole lack of sleep thing is truly a test while I am so close to my 6 month goal of breastfeeding (Sunday the 10th is 6 months!).

We are trying to curtail Charlotte's hitting and throwing of things.  I am sure that this is a phase but my first instinct is to instill fear and punishment... must work on this...

We went out to lunch and dinner with Char this weekend and it was definitely a lesson of bringing distracting toys (which we always forget to do).  Charlotte does not like to sit so inevitably one of us is chasing her around the restaurant.  We don't want to do the iPad distraction but maybe there is something to it.

Sophia can roll over in all directions (rather effortlessly!).

Thanks to sleep training (which I never realized was so controversial), she is also taking 1-2 naps a day.   Yay!

Had a nice tea with Lina and Susie and we kvatched about being modern moms...

The hard to photograph 2 teeth of Sophia!
_DSC1215

Charlotte is almost too big for this configuration:
_DSC1218

When did Charlotte become a little girl?
_DSC1220

Sophia likes swinging (far better than Charlotte on her first time!):
_DSC1221

The following 2 pictures make me laugh as I was having a self-inflicted issue with my camera.  One of the few times Charlotte smiles for me and it is blurry!
IMG_1993

IMG_1994

Susie with little Lucas:
_DSC1230

Lina laughs while trying to pose maternally:
_DSC1233

Cheeky Sophia shots:
_DSC1237

_DSC1238

_DSC1240

_DSC1242

Here is a funny video of Sophia bouncing while making noise:

And rolling over in the baby gym:




No comments:

Post a Comment