Thursday, June 28, 2012

Week 115 and Week 28.5 - America!

Sophia is thankfully a good sport with long haul travel - which is fortuitous as she also may be a bit of a bad luck charm.  Our flight (just she and I) was delayed two hours, our flight from NYC to Boston was cancelled(!), and a nice neighbor lady let Sophia and I be her passenger as she drove the distance.  I also flew on Tuesday from Boston to Detroit  and my flight was also delayed two hours and I ran 30 gates to catch my flight to Madison.  Running in flip flops with a stroller and a baby in a carrier through an airport is just plain funny - probably funnier if it is not you.

The long haul flight was ok - 8 hours of Sophia sleeping early on made me falsely optimistic - and then she was awake for the rest of it.  Lots of nursing and then lots of biting!  This was frustrating and I was losing my mind at this point as I did not know how much longer I could carry Sophia and deal with the relentless biting, which I swear is laughing while biting.

Spent the weekend with my bff Nicole and -- Mike her lovely fiance whom I had not met before so it was wonderful to spend some time with them before the craziness of their wedding later next month.  Nicole and I knocked out some wedding logistical things and her lovely Boston friends threw her a Jack and Jill bridal shower where I learned about bizarre American bridal shower traditions (I may have grown up in America but I have really not been privy to man American wedding traditions).

Tuesday Sophia and I picked up Matt from the park and ride after I was an hour late thanks to a poor sense of direction that seems to manifest from jet lag. 

Last night we went to Concert on the Square and had a great time with old friends and new babies.

Uncle Mike and Sophia:
IMG_2016

Sunset over the South Shore and Boston proper:
IMG_2019

Sophia sleeps like she is sunning herself:
IMG_2024

Jack and Jill bridal shower with Adam!
IMG_2026

Close up of the cake - the best mocha fondant ever (who knew fondant could be so good?):
IMG_2025

Nicole and Sophia:
IMG_2027

The lovely Rutlins.  Zoe is nine months and weighs as much as Charlotte!
_DSC1368-2

Zoe up close:
_DSC1374

Sophia chills in her own chair:
_DSC1371-2

Auntie Nicki and Sophia!
_DSC1375

Auntie Heidi and Sophia!
_DSC1378

Uncle Mario and goofy grinned Sophia!
_DSC1382

Auntie Laura stages and intervention:
_DSC1384

Sweaty Charlotte:
_DSC1387

Charlotte greases up her face on our car:
 _DSC1391
 
_DSC1392

Happy Sophia!
_DSC1388

And a couple of videos for good measure:

Mike plays with Sophia:

Then Nicole plays with Sophia:

No comments:

Post a Comment