Friday, May 24, 2013

Week 162 and Week 75.5 - My Birthday!

Severe apologies again for the late posting - I did not really feel like posting as it was my birthday!  What a nice birthday it was - Charlotte got me various Hello Kitty snacks (which she consumed later in the day), I had a nice girls lunch at Mozza (and blissfully reminisced when I was young and hip and lived in LA, once) and Matt took me to see Star Trek in the fancy movie theater.  It was great and escapist as birthdays should be.

I am also doing a photo project which totally sucked out all of my computer resources over the last 4 days (uploading photos via a non powerful computer = suck out).  But that for now is done so I can update le blog.

Before Dan and Laura left we spent a Friday afternoon with Charlotte at the Tanjong Beach Club and it was very NICE.  Yet another fun activity (e.g. weekday hooky) that I discover a month before leaving.  Char is a fantastic swimmer by the way - she jumps in the water and can swim for 2 seconds to you (if you are 10 feet from the edge). 

We went to dim sum with Clarice and Jisun this weekend - which was like 6 ships sailing in the night.  All the kids have their own agendas!   Lots of running around the restaurant for me (and if I can go off on a rant, the restroom situation outside Din Tai Fung Paragon is atrocious!  A queue outside the restaurant, a level above is VIP restrooms, you have to go up two more levels to find a women's restroom, so strange).

We got Charlotte a haircut on Monday.  The stylist remarked that she sits well for a toddler.  I even browsed a bit of Men's Health at the salon.  She got graduated bangs and it was only $10 at Lena L Ayoma Tokyo (ask for Nick)!

We have all had the collective sniffles and we have learned that Sophia can blow her nose!  Yay!  She can also drink out of a cup - we did not teach her, she just learned by osmosis.

Sophia also is grumpy and attitudinal - perhaps an early case of the terrible twos?  This has just manifested over the last week or two. 


I was showing pictures of Matt and I to Charlotte the other day.  I asked her who was in the picture - she said Mommy, Daddy, and Charlotte in Daddy's belly.  Cute cute!

Sorry this video is so long overdue - this is us singing Happy Birthday to Charlotte on HER birthday (well Apr 12).  It took FOREVER to post because Matt has been traveling and it is on his Youtube...

Romantic Sophia:
_DSC5387

Astrid Lotus turned 6 months!
_DSC5408-2

Sophia is cheeky with Uncle Dan and Auntie Laura (climbing on tables):
_DSC5434

The fam (minus Sophia):
_DSC5443

Uncle Dan and Auntie Laura:
_DSC5447

I think Char is a crocodile here:
_DSC5448

_DSC5449

There was so much chaos at this lunch I could not be my typical shutterbug self:
_DSC5464

_DSC5468

Astrid wears the romantic hat:
_DSC5478

Char's new 'do (I am certain I bribed her to look at the camera with this Oreo):
_DSC5471
 
 
Grumpy Sophia:
_DSC5469

Maelle tells Sophia, "You are grumpy!   Let me hold Marlene's phone [playing Gangnam Style of course]."
_DSC5473

Nevermind.  I will just hold Marlene myself:
_DSC5477

All this grumpiness is making me thirsty!
_DSC5474






No comments:

Post a Comment