Saturday, May 11, 2013

Week 160 and Week 73.5 - 2 birthday parties and mommy's sinus infection makes for an eventful week

So sorry again for the late posting - I have had a home project this week which has been organizing/purging and it has CONSUMED me.  I have never been particularly organized but here I am trying (I just read a book that I have owned for ten years for the first time - "Organizing from the Inside Out" - it is very good especially for flighty organizers like yours truly).  I am having a garage sale tomorrow (and today).

In the middle of all this hard work (really hard work when you are organizationally challenged) I caught a sinus infection... my first and I don't like it one bit.  I blow my nose and there is blood - it is hard for me not to think that my brain is bleeding.  It hurts from my teeth to my eyeballs.  I always wondered what a sinus infection was... now I don't want to have one again!  I am taking antibiotics and some decongestant that kept me up all night last night.  Fun.

This past weekend we went to two birthday parties.  Alix and Max both celebrated their birthdays.  Charlotte was not able to stay long for Alix's (as it was near swim class's time) so Sophia, Imee and I hung out for a while on a beautiful Saturday evening near our park.  Max had his party on Sunday at a golf club - there was lots of kids running and it was fun.  Three is definitely the start of fun birthday parties (and I assume the stakes will get higher every year).

I think Char is fond of Max (and still vice versa) but she is certainly not willing to give up her own life and interests for him (so I observe at a 3 year old's birthday party).  So the word boyfriend (which I know makes Matt wince) - literally is just a boy who is a friend... we think.  I will encourage her to stay this path - some egocentricity is not a bad thing (and not a very Asian-like trait - but perhaps it should be more so)...

In our daily lives Char is trying our patience with her "I don't want to sleep" antics.  Tonight's bedtime was 10:15.  Sigh.

And dear Sophia was very cute walking around Max's party.  It was fun to try to see the party through her eyes... and she is still young enough to sport a onesie!

Dare I say - Sophia is getting slimmer. :(

Matt is in Macau today and tomorrow (Saturday!).

I am spent.  Here are some pictures...

Sophia masters the fine art of sitting pretty:
_DSC5241

Pensive Christobal (I think):
_DSC5242

Gorgeous Ella:
_DSC5245

I love this shot:
_DSC5243

Alix's dinosaur cake (another awesome Kim Stamper creation):
_DSC5250-2

One of the last few days of baby jail - we sold it (to prepare for our move)!  Our house looks so much brighter now!
_DSC5253-2

Charlotte gets a fairy balloon animal at Max's birthday party.  This balloon sculptor from I Love My Party was so amazing!  The guy did character balloons (Char chose little Barney):
_DSC5255-2

Handsome birthday boy Max:
_DSC5257-2

Party scenes:
_DSC5258

_DSC5259

_DSC5260

_DSC5263

_DSC5264

_DSC5273

_DSC5274

_DSC5277

My feet don't touch the ground either:
_DSC5278

_DSC5283

_DSC5287

Facepaint lurking:
_DSC5288

_DSC5292

My attempt at a twosome shot:
_DSC5294

Rummage sale - set up complete!
_DSC5302-2

_DSC5303-2

Sophia hiding!
_DSC5304-2

As the kids were a bit neglected by my whole house clearing - they were left to their own devices (without a baby jail) - this is how I found them:
_DSC5298

_DSC5301
 







No comments:

Post a Comment