Saturday, September 14, 2013

Week 179 and Week 91.5- Sophia's first week of school

I keep forgetting to mention that Sophia has started potty training on her own volition.  It all started a couple of weeks ago when she took her diaper off during a Sunday nap and then refused to put it on for the rest of the afternoon.  There had been mild interest before where she would say she had to go 'pee pee' and then she would sit on the big toilet later and half a second later announce she was done with no output.  Now she is going around in underwear and sometimes pooping in her shorts... literally. But she goes in the little potty now, and her urine output elicits squeals of glee from Matt, Char and I, and Sophia claps along.  It is quite delightful actually.

We had a bit of an elevator scare last week too. I thought Sophia went out of the elevator behind Charlotte and I and she did not. Matt called the elevator from two floors above and saw the shaking, inconsolable Sophia and retrieved her.  He took her back to our flat and she calmed down eventually.  The next day Char called the elevator and went in and rode for two floors up and down and was shaking and inconsolable too when she got back to our floor.  Elevators are dangerous things!  We need to be more careful.

Sophia started pre school and it was not love at first sight.  I caught a glimpse of her infuse class and she was crying and I felt terrible.  We came back an hour later to retrieve Sophia - who had somehow managed to cry herself into a nap onto the mat.  Among a cacophony of other kids' crying!  I suppose she has that narcoleptic shut down gene that runs both in me and Matt.  This trait gets massaged whenever I think about moving and whenever I attempt to have a 'serious' conversation with Matt.  And during stressful situations with Sophia apparently.  She made it to two of the three days of school this week - she was not having it on Friday at all.  AT ALL.  They told us at the school she is very willful.  We wholeheartedly agree!

We have started to make Rice Krispy treats - seemingly an easy and fun family activity but one forgets that the whole thing is time sensitive - the marshmallow goo cools into an irrecoverable state pretty quickly and wrangling the little ones to do things quickly is well, impossible.  It is fun nonetheless.  I like cooking with the kids - I hope that they enjoy it as much as I do.

There is a giant slide - photos are below.  I got a bit of a slide injury as I tried to slow myself down on it using my right knee as a brake.  A slide injury - ha.

Speaking of slides - I bought a slide for the girls via our good friends in China.  It is huge and great.  The weather is so terrible here in Macau it is nice to have a slide - but literally the days it was delivered it has been wonderful weather.  I think I am more excited about the slide than the girls are.  Definitely more than Matt is - I like to add to the 'fun' house so we don't have to leave when it rains!  He thinks we don't need stuff like this.

Matt and I saw the Rihanna concert last night.  It was fun - I mean, she lip synched and stuff (and never changed out of her sweatshirt football jersey thing) but it was fun to dance and hang out and do something in entertainment starved Macau.  Yay!

Rice Krispy treats!
_DSC6091

Sophia, let me show you the world!
_DSC6096

Took the girls swimming last week at Pearl on the Lough:
IMG_0531

Blowing bubbles:
IMG_0534

With a runny nose:
IMG_0533

Our attempt at a photo op:
IMG_0537

Char wanted to pose with Hello Kitty:
IMG_0543

They have these great carts at the toy store:
IMG_0546

Playing with my 85mm lens again:
_DSC6100

Giant slide!
_DSC6101

_DSC6104

_DSC6102

_DSC6103

Matt and I commented this week that Char is a big girl now.  Here is a picture where she looks like one (sniff!):
_DSC6105

Auntie exercise machines!
_DSC6106

_DSC6108

_DSC6111

And a video of our new mini slide (and basketball hoop)!





No comments:

Post a Comment