Saturday, March 22, 2014

Week 206 and Week 118.5 - Kevin Spacey!

Ack - sorry in advance as this update will be more about us than the girls.  Work has been so busy of late and we did something fun and social over the weekend.  So let me tell you about our week.

The girls are still kind of sick (Char finished a round of antibiotics and Sophia has an eye infection / cough sick).  I woke up this morning and think I too.  We all have this dry cough thing.  It stinks.

The girls have not been napping much this week - one day of four so far.  I think Charlotte may be outgrowing it (just in time for her 4th birthday) and I think she wants to keep Sophia up for the fun as well.

The girls are playing hide and seek a lot in the house.  Their destination of choice is under the covers of an empty bed.  Sophia is too loud to play this effectively.  When I ask "Are you girls here?" she responds "here."

Sophia likes being 'the naked.'  She wants to be the naked for 2 minutes frequently.  She is also potty training - and poops in her underwear on a regular basis still.

I got the girls haircuts on the weekend - nice the basically $15 US I got both of the girls done.  Now all three of us have the same haircut!  Also they wanted their ponynails (what they call painted nails) so I painted their toes red - and we all had matching toenails too!

Over the weekend there was as charity ball for Best Buddies and Kevin Spacey was the entertainment. He was a really good singer (as I remember he did a track in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil).  I ran into my big boss (out of Las Vegas) and Matt's old colleague during the day and convinced Matt to go to the event to chat with him as he was going to the event as well.  Rob, Chuanda, and lovely John Hamilton were part of the initial party and Matt crashed which was awesome!  Out till two - which made for a tough Sunday but worth it.  It was fun to play dress up and dance!  I seriously need to get out more.

It was pretty surreal as if Matt did not go to the event he would have been watching Kevin Spacey anyway as he is on a nightly House of Cards marathon.  Kevin has infiltrated my life!

Matt is off to play hockey next week so he is in lock down work mode till he leaves for Bangkok on Wednesday.

At the ball.  It was a 20's theme and I wore Min's bridesmaid's dress.  It still fits after 10 years!
IMG_0077

Cool chocolate dessert!
IMG_0080

Kevin Spacey:
IMG_0082

IMG_0083

Short video:

Matt and I:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

My handsome mates:



And the girls - haircut day!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Sophia likes to color these days!
_DSC8576

Sophia likes the custard bun this week and wants to share:
_DSC8579

Loving the fountains!
_DSC8580

_DSC8582

_DSC8587

_DSC8583














1 comment: