Sunday, July 20, 2014

Week 223 and Week 135.5 - Busy week

I was not able to take any pictures of the girls prior to Saturday as my week has been super nutty. 

Friday night Matt and I saw our friends fight at White Collar Boxing at Venetian.  It was fun - and Michael Buffer was the announcer (the "Let's get ready to rumble" guy and I got a picture with Freddie Roach (the coach of Manny Pacquiao - he was super nice and gracious).  Do you know who those guys are?  I did not.  I am the most casual of boxing fans.  And no one throws an event like Venetian!


Sophia was again grumpy pants at her swim class today. 

We realize what makes Sophia so cute when she talks is that she has this baby high pitched voice.  It is rather disarming to hear a baby (who would ordinarily just speak something incomprehensible) to speak full sentences.  We don't remember Charlotte having this voice when she started talking.

When we were walking around Thanyapura in Thailand we would ask Charlotte what her middle name was, and she would reply 'Moon.'  Then we asked Sophia the same question and she would say 'Moon' too.  "Sophia Moon Drake" (her real middle name is May).  This exasperated Charlotte so much - she got so angry she did not even want Sophia saying the word "Moon" (and she did of course just despite her).  It was really funny.

Charlotte started a new school this week (Learn with Me Macau) and her swim classes are going really well.  She basically swims or does Capoiera every day!

On a totally unrelated note - I have fulfilled a lifelong goal of being able to do a 'boy's' pull up (starting with feet dangling).  I have been working on it for 5 months... I am super excited as I never really had sporting goals growning up or... every really.

Matt and I en route to boxing (in a rush with little thought to the backdrop) - good thing Matt is not wearing shoes (while I am):
_DSC9748

Sophia finally looks at the camera!
_DSC9750

Charlotte likes to walk in my shoes - and she is pretty graceful in them!
_DSC9754

Sophia mugging at Ocean Club:
_DSC9756

_DSC9757

I love the Three Musketeers hair!
_DSC9758
 
Char loves swimming!
_DSC9761

 _DSC9762

She does not really need the vest except that her feet don't touch the bottom of the section of the pool that she trains in:
_DSC9764

_DSC9766

Ivan - Charlotte's coach.  Despite limited English he seems to be a good coach (and clicks well with Char Char):
_DSC9765

I forgot to bring clothes to eat in - so the girls ate dinner last night at Ocean Club in their jammies:
_DSC9769

_DSC9771

_DSC9775




No comments:

Post a Comment