Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Shifting Paradigms

It is true that parenthood changes you.  I am not saying just the obvious schedule change, feedings, blah blah.  I think that your inherent nature changes.  Maybe not changes but shifts.  For instance, I am still holding some baby weight.  I know I know, it has been all of five weeks and I shouldn't obsess, but honestly I am not at my fighting weight... and maybe I will never be again and that is ok.  Dare I say I kind of like the new, poufier me, stretch marks and all.  I am in awe of what my body is capable of and maybe having a six-pack (ok for me, maybe a two pack) is not the biggest goal in my new world.  Also I had to reset the presets of my car radio the other day, and in the low 90's of the FM dial I stumbled upon... classical music.  And I liked it and kept it as a preset.  In my pre-mom days I would never have kept classical on the dial, but a some constant peace and serenity is surely welcome in my new, mommy world.  I still bother to wear a bra when I leave the house - I believe in letting some things go but not letting go entirely...

1 comment: