Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Week 33 - Spoke too bloody soon

Ok - all that last week about being able to sleep.  It was a false alarm.  Charlotte got a viral infection shortly after that post.  One that resulted in a grumpy Charlotte and roseola, which was basically a fever for a couple of days (and restlessness for a couple of nights) and then a rash.  All during Thanksgiving!  Charlotte was grumpy, and there is this fear in the back of my mind that she will not recover to her previous smiley ways, and I will be heartbroken.  Luckily she is back to her old unabashedly smiley self - though I wish I could say the same for me.  I caught what she has - some superawful viral infection, complete with throat growths and cold sores.  I have not been this miserable in recent memory.  Eating is such a hassle that I am eating the bare minimum for sustenance - nothing cold and nothing acidic. Yeah, it blows.

Regarding the sleep - she is back to getting up once or twice a night.  I would like to tell you that this is the part I love - but I would be lying.  This is the part I endure.  One painful arthritic step at a time.

Aside from this - Julia, Thomas, and Em were here for Thanksgiving.  We all had a hand in making the sides but we outsourced the turkey which was great!  Definitely recommended for future gatherings (particularly in the tropics).  We even ate outside!  It was idyllic.  I need to get the pix from Julia (I was a bit wiped out on Thanksgiving (er, Saturday) night...

Here are the pix I do have:

Extreme close up:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Ok ok another Bucky shot.  But so cool (focused tongue):


"Say what?"


Uncle Em Returns.  Much to poor Bucky's delight:


Charlotte tries to muster a smile with Uncle Em (while sick):


Cranberry sauce in the making:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte's first (slightly melancholy) Thanksgiving.  At least she liked the turkey puree!


Cheeky little bugger:


Contemplative little bugger:


A rare happy tummy time (I think crawling is on the horizon!):


Sit up success (she arrived at this position while starting out at tummy time today.  Not during this photo but sometime today!):


Obligatory Toby hair-touch shot:



Way cool Korean mats to sit on.  With her flower power pals Lilith and Gwen:




Charlotte showing off the mat:
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    I came across your adorable blog and thought your little one's tummy time photo would be a great entry in Pathways Awareness' Holiday Tummy Time Baby Photo Contest.
    Three winners each receive a certificate, a $20 Starbucks gift card, and a photo mug with which to display their favorite photo.
    For more details and to enter, visit: http://wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests/79944?ogn=facebook
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete