Thursday, January 6, 2011

Week 38 - Happy New Year

My apologies for not getting this out on the normal Wednesday.  I too have been jet lagged and it just was not in the cards yesterday.  My jet lag is good for my jogging - I had a great run this morning to the Pet Shop Boys!  Jogging is a great place to enjoy my danceteria music.  Yay me.

The reverse jet lag of Charlotte has been remarkably sane.  She has been sleeping about 18 hours a day which has been fantastic.  We have also in earnest begun sleep training, which too was remarkably ok given she was so jet lagged she would have fallen asleep standing up.  She is a bit more rested today - and it took a good 15 minutes to get her down.  Wow- who thought I had nerves of steel?  It is true you get desensitized to your baby crying.

Charlotte's skin has cleared up quite well save a couple of dry patches on her legs.  Mine too but I could probably use the services of a large Brillo pad on the face.

People say Charlotte has slimmed down (that is true) and her face looks different.  Maybe her eyes or rounder and her lips more pronounced.  I am not sure - I see her everyday so cannot tell the difference.

I got a flash for Xmas - Nikon's SB-600 which is truly a beast compared to ninny SB-400.  But what it does to the pictures! 

Ok - on with the show.  A ton of backlogged video to follow:

Here is Charlotte dancing to Grandpa Kwang's accordion.


And Charlotte at the tail end of her crawl to nowhere:


Charlotte opening her first Christmas gifts at Grandma Burk's:


Charlotte with her new car (staying in America for now):

Charlotte with Brooks in their cars (sorry about the unfocused camera work here.  Also sorry this is long but VERY cute):


Charlotte opening gifts at Grandma Kathy's:


Charlotte's first (happy-ish) moments in the snow:


Charlotte started crawling on Xmas day.  I finally got around to taping it while in the airport in Tokyo.  The flight attendant on our Tokyo flight called Charlotte Candy Cane (thanks Min for the onesie).  Those flight attendants on UA881 rocked...


Ok - picture time.
Charlotte in her new stroller:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte strategizing her next move in Tic Tac Toe:


Standing:


In the bath:


Fourth attempt at a decent picture with daddy (she was not into it this morning):

3 comments:

  1. She is adorable! Loved the video of her opening the present with the dog watching patiently in the background. What a happy, sweet girl! And good for you on the sleep training. I remember calling a friend and asking if it was supposed to sound like she was dying - she said yes, don't go in there! Both of my girls are good sleepers to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Charlotte is happy wearing less clothes.

    And she is slimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know your Dad played the accordion. Cute videos! Yay on the crawling!

    ReplyDelete