Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Week 48 - 11 months old

Charlotte turned 11 months over the last week! That is great news - but she also fell sick (that fever from before). She has her first ear infection (though likely not her last) and is on her first round of antibiotics. She does not seem as sick as she has been before (the wind really got knocked out of her sails while she had roseola). I waited for 2 hours at a doctor's office! I know that is ludicrous but I am shopping for a more local doctor. Dr. Vas is very popular - and she was fantastic with Charlotte so I can see why. But two hours? Next time I want to take her there I will go alone, sign her up, go to the gym, then ask Imee to bring her in an hour later.

By the way - Charlotte was the most energetic (and loudest) at the doctor's. She was so funny - no inside voice! Imee and I laughed.

Charlotte is also quite a clever girl. Last week at the start of her sickness she did not want to take her first nap (a sometimes trend). She pretend gagged (I saw her in the monitor) so Imee rushes up and Charlotte is just bouncing and smiling in her crib. She did this twice in the span of ten minutes - so I just made her stay up after that. She did not mind.

This morning - also at her first nap - I was putting her down and she was fussy. So I asked her what was wrong and then I signed 'hurt' to her. She responded by cupping her ears as they hurt. I gave her some Panadol and she slept for over 2 hours! Man I love sign language.

We gave Charlotte a cup with a straw as I felt as if her existing sippy cup was not ergonomic (all the repetitive head lifting motion). She didn't get it for a couple of days, but then it turned upside down and she saw the water come out of the straw. She immediately sussed out how to drink out of the straw and has been drinking like mad ever since. She is drinking SO much water now - really good now that she is not feeling her best.

Video and Pictures please!

Here is Charlotte laughing at Matt's impression of a Jack-in-the-box:

Here is a funny video of Matt 'watching' the baby (or the back of his eyelids):

Here is Charlotte drinking out of her straw:

Little sweaters drying:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

[Blurry] funny face!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

TV face (and a relaxed position) while getting her toenails clipped:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

In her new toddler tub:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

At the park:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Kiro at the park:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Walking (with a snack remnant) at the park:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments:

Post a Comment