Thursday, March 3, 2011

Week 46

So - silly me - Charlotte has 2 top teeth and it was virtually a non-event for us (hence my forgetting even to update about it here).  There may have been a couple of days of crap napping but that could have as much to do with teething as having cumulus clouds in the sky.  So all of her angst of teething before (you know, that dark period a few months ago of night waking) - well, maybe that really wasn't teething after all.  I should have known then that all angst starts with an empty belly.

This week has been really busy - Matt has just gotten back from Saudi Arabia and I cannot sleep well without him so I am really sleep deprived. He was gone over the last week (7 nights) and Charlotte signed for Daddy this morning at 8:15 - the time he usually greets her as he comes down the stairs.  As I was putting her down for her first nap she cried - unusual for her.  I was trying to ascertain why and she aggressively signed for Daddy.  I melted.  She really missed her daddy.

We are traveling tomorrow - and I am at the end of packing - which I inherently loathe anyway and loathe more with baby in tow (nothing personal, Charlotte).  I suppose I don't like to be face to face with my often disorganized things and having to choose and prioritize and, blah.  Just ask Matt.  Packing makes me *so* grumpy.  Sigh.

On a much happier note, Charlotte is also walking - on her own - for several steps at a time.  She can walk longer if you give her a head start by putting her upright first.

Ok - here are the pics for the week.

Charlotte trying to suck on my camera strap:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Nice new upper teeth and finger-in-the-electrical-socket-look shot:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Although this is a blurry shot - here is Char signing Daddy:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

There are moments like this where she can sit momentarily for the camera:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

With Uncle Rob (this photo has kind of a retro quality about it):
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Half grump, half smile:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Here is a cross-posted video from Facebook - Charlotte walking!




1 comment: