Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Week 50 - Old Man Bucks

Char got the clean bill of health yesterday - great news as there was a 'scared straight' article in the paper yesterday about ear infections and I took Char just to be sure she was a-ok (am I a hypochondriac mother?  Probably).  Her sign language continues to improve - now she is signing wash hands, yes, and bath. 

At the doctor yesterday Charlotte exhibited her strongest signs of stranger anxiety.  She has begun over the last week to cry in new situations with new people.  Sigh.  We thought because she was so smiley she was immune to this.  Oh well.

In an episode of life imitating art (a la Lily from Modern Family), Charlotte has starting started biting.  She is biting my foot and portions of my shoulder that are not particularly fleshy (and this is not particularly pleasant).  This is perhaps the start of Charlotte's less endearing habits - hopefully something we can curtail before she starts biting kids at the playground....

Regarding Bucky - as of yesterday he started to limp rather badly.  We took him to the vet and after a battery of tests and x-rays - it is deemed that he may have a slipped disk.  The situation was rather dire yesterday - as he was in visible pain and would not even sit down.  Today he is better - perhaps the painkillers and steroids help.  We have to give him shots for a week through a valve connected to a vein in his left arm.  He takes it markedly better than I would - I cringe getting blood drawn at the doctor's office (and having a baby is a lot of drawing blood - so I was a squeam boat for many of the doctor's visits).

Ok, on with the countdown...

Here is Charlotte and her daily struggle with dinner:

Here is the sign that we have no clue what it means.  My guess is 'change my wet diaper woman!':
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

At an ill-fated Havaianas event - Charlotte on the brink of stranger anxiety:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Charlotte wants to bite everything - even Kiro's person leash!

Looking guilty:
 
"How long do I have to sit here before my master lets me go?"
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Happy Charlotte:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 

1 comment:

  1. You need biter biscuits and a cold teething ring.

    But her biting the littleboy's leash is CUTE!

    ReplyDelete