Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Week 143 and Week 56.5 - Better weather

Forget the weather we should always be together.  And any other thought is unkind.

It has rained just a smidge over the past week - which means more park days - yay!

Charlotte is randomly saying to me as we ascend the stairs - "Please be patient with me."  I don't know if she wants me to wait for her when I walk so I am.  I think I am the only one she says this to (as I am the least patient one I suppose).

Sophia is up once a night maybe four nights a week.  It does not bother me so much these days as I am going to bed tired (I started exercising in the mornings and by bed time I am out).

Matt is in Macau this week but back today.

We went ice skating on Sunday and Charlotte was not too into it.  I think we will take a skating hiatus for the moment as it is a bit pricey (ahem $3 just to watch?) and it makes Sophia super grumpy to be off her 11AM nap schedule (the rinks tend to open around 11 on Sundays).  Also I tried to take pictures but since I was always watching one of the kids (I did not skate) this was

Morning school for Char is much better as she naps almost every day and I can actually get a bit of things done in the afternoon now.

Char is watching a bit too much TV - I can tell because she is distracted when I am talking to her.  So I downloaded some singalong songs (thanks for the suggestion Emily and Andrew!) so we can be engaged in a much more active way.

Sophia is a great walker now - though she was later to start than Charlotte her ramp up has been quicker I think.  She says Mama, Dada, and Yaya - but mostly Yaya.  Charlotte and I and Yaya are all Yaya.  She is showing her personality - and she will be quite a talker once her babbling converts to words.

Sophia can climb up and down the stairs and Charlotte's bed.  Yikes!

Sophia also started to play in the sandbox this week.  Unlike Char (who whines when a speck of dirt falls onto her foot) Sophia has approached the sandbox with reckless abandon -  even eating the sand! 

The girls took their first double bath after their first sandbox episode - I will need to get pictures of that this week!

Sophia likes walking!  She wants everyone to walk with her!
_DSC3713

I am learning how to take pictures on moving swings - here are my first tries:

Charlotte sings The Wheels on The Bus as well:
_DSC3716

_DSC3721

_DSC3729

Char pointing out that singing teenager guy (Funny guy, according to her):
_DSC3723)

Sliding:
_DSC3742

_DSC3741

_DSC3744-2

My favorite baby shoes - Charlotte wore these at ten months at Sophia only started wearing them at one year - my tiny feeted kids (insert Matt shaking his head here):
_DSC3748

Our friends Ozun and Mert (and their son Dogu) just had a baby hours after this photo was taken:
_DSC3751-2

Still smiling after the birth:
_DSC3778

Sophia eats a bun:
_DSC3754

Sandbox play (with Marie too):
_DSC3758

_DSC3760

_DSC3773

_DSC3767

And my favorite pictures of the week:
_DSC3769

_DSC3770

_DSC3771






No comments:

Post a Comment