Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Week 152 and Week 65.5

Matt has resumed his travels to Macau where he is as I write this.  When he is gone I sleep pretty inconsistently and he leaves at stupid early in the morning and arrives back at 10PM on the day he returns (this week Monday and Wednesday).  He flies Tiger Airways which means he is not getting miles or points or any other perks besides direct travel to and from Macau.

I went to bed last night late at 1AM (working on our taxes in the US - Matt in a future life will be a tax accountant given how much he knows about it).  I braced myself for Charlotte coming into my room at some hour as she has now gotten into the habit of sleeping with us.  At 3AM she opened my door, and then just hung out in our office (outside our door) crying and yelling for Yaya to carry her.  I let her cry for a bit, closed the door on her for a bit (which resulted in wailing), and then carried her into our room.  She was remarkably compliant - a marker for being overtired I think.  She has been in a bossy and moody mode these days - super particular with things that she wants (like specific clothes) and whines when Yaya cuts her bread the 'wrong' way or if Yaya drinks her coffee around her this causes a canniption of sorts.  I now know why you give into kids' demands sometimes - because who wants to fight all the time?  The stages are so transient - both good and bad - and I am hopeful that there can be a bit of mellowing in the imminent Three.

Char has slept every night with us this past week except Saturday - not sure if this is a trend but it seems like it.

Remember the fever Sophia had last week?  It became an ugly rash by Saturday (as Murphy's law of sickness is that whenever the doctor's office is closed for the weekend is when your kid get's sick).  I took her to a nice new doctor on Sunday morning who said Sophia was shedding a viral rash which caused her fever from Wednesday.  We gave her some camomile lotion and some antihistimine - but it cleared up on its own by Sunday night.

Sophia has learned the very useful phrase of 'uh oh.'  Whenever anything drops (lots of things drop in a one-year-old's world) that catch-all uh-oh comes out.  She is fifteen months old!  She has learned to climb into and out of her stroller by herself. 

I caught up with some work colleagues yesterday at Marina Bay Sands and Char wanted to come with me - it was fine!  I had falafels as she ate French Fries - she was happy as she could be.

I got the rest of the great pictures from Kristin - some are below!

The serious girls and their happy parents!
Drake-1

Cute family shot with Bucky taking position:
Drake-9

I sense Sophia will be serious and Char a goofball:
Drake-10

Drake-23

Sisters hold hands:
Drake-13

Drake-16

We lost and then found this helmet!  Yay!
_DSC4504

Sophia and Char are serious sliders:
_DSC4507

_DSC4512

Apprehensive first time on this apparatus:
_DSC4509

Sophia likes playing with Yaya's bag:
_DSC4514

_DSC4517

Stroller climbing:
_DSC4518

Outfit matching flip flops:
_DSC4524
_DSC4520

Bucket love:
_DSC4527

Sophia, who recently does not like baby jail, sits contently with her Cheerio and raisin snack in hand:
_DSC4529

And some old videos (just uploaded off of my old phone):

Sophia's toe curling screams!

Char sings Chinese songs!








No comments:

Post a Comment