Monday, July 8, 2013

Week 168 and Week 81.5 - I am a delinquent blogger and we are in Macau!

Sorry this is the latest post EVER - but we have been without Imee (and Imee I now realize is critical to making this blog happen) and have been in Thailand, Singapore, and Macau over the last 4 days... and I am squatting in a coffee shop here in Macau as we still don't have internet yet (and Matt wonders how I stay living - I am such an internet junkie).

I am at this coffee shop, leaching wifi and hoping to upload pictures to the internet (there is a whole process to the blog - lots of uploading and linking for pictures - maybe overkill but I like my photos to be catalogued appropriately).  Needless to say the uploading is totally not happening right now (I have 76 photos to upload and it is still on #1).  So I will have to upload camera phone shots. 

I made such a BIG DEAL to Matt about how I HAD to blog - you know for my 3 fans - so I will try to give you an update.

Thailand was great - Khao Lak is my new favorite place.  Cheap but great hotels (we stayed at the Kantary - I am sad it will become an adults only hotel in November).  Beautiful beach.  It was great - expansive - great kids club and remarkably decent and reasonable food.  And thankfully blissfully warm weather. 

We then stayed at Dewa Phuket - near Indigo Pearl where we got married.  And the weather was pretty rainy and miserable.  The food was more expensive (and not really any better) and although I like the beach shack restaurants - eating at them for 4 days straight grew tiring.  Maybe I was just beached out at the end of eight days.  Not to sound like a snotty expat but I was tired watching the kids for so long.  I was alone watching the kids for 2 days - and it was a good experience but I was wiped by the time Matt walked in the door (he really was my night in shining armor!).  I also had the worst flight experience EVER when Sophia was basically inconsolable for an hour.  I felt Mom failure.  It was not pretty.

Then we arrived back in Singapore - and dealt with our rather pedantic agent and landlord for 2 days.  At one point later I will blog more about this - but it just left me feeling taken advantage of as we were leaving Singapore (that and the people you try to sell stuff to secondhand - I am over those people too).

We spent one night at the Marriott (on points) and our last night at the Grand Mercure in East Coast.  We took Matt and Susie to dinner at Matt's favorite Mexican while Charlotte had her first sleepover at Teo's.  So cute!  And Charlotte now has had an experience at age three that I never had in my first eighteen years.

Charlotte woke at three and asked where Sophia was.  When we took Sophia to our hotel at 10PM she asked where Charlotte (her A-tay) was.  It was very bonding and cute.

Matt and Susie dropped off Charlotte with Teo at our hotel by 8:30 on Saturday - and we were sad to leave Singapore and our wonderful neighbors. 

So - that is the short update - more on Macau and pictures on Wednesday (I hope).

Here is Char jumping on bean bags at the Kantary Kid's Club - Khao Lak:

And Teo and the kids eating dinner together the day before we leave:

And Char saying goodbye to Joo Chiat Walk on the way to our hotel:


No comments:

Post a Comment