Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Week 172 and Week 85.5 - Shrek and the Chipped tooth

Our dear Sophia is a terror in the making. I think she has realized that she is cute and charming and thinks she can get away with murder – because she has. She does things and then runs away or just laughs and I know I get distracted by her cuteness... but alas she is getting at an age where she needs to become responsible for her actions. She would NOT eat on Sunday for dinner. I mean, seriously do anything else and then throw her food and water on the floor. And then laugh. Sort of an impish grin. Matt gave her her first time out on Sunday which ended with a night without dinner (or very little). Matt did manage to give our little imp a bath which was impressive as I (being of stricter Korean roots) probably would have just made her sleep in her day clothes. But this is a reaction to why I am the less strict parent and her first time out/no dinner was orchestrated by my more steadfast husband.  

We have tried to put both the girls in the same room and I requested that we put Charlotte in the guest room after a couple of weeks of 6AM mornings... I think that they are sleeping longer separately so we will stay with this for now. 

Sophia knows a ton of words... we had no idea.  We show her picture books and flash cards and she knows a lot of the words... like car, airplane, duck, brush.... she also has started asking "why?" but has luckily not begun the circle of whys.

Over the weekend we went to this Dreamworks meet and greet.  We talked up meeting Shrek to Charlotte who was excited.  We walked to the meet and greet (at Sands Cotai Central) and, just like clockwork, she was scared and crying.  I was able to take Sophia to see Kung Fu Panda.  She kind of wailed once we got close but did not cry when the shutter was released.  I think our trip to Disney in Hong Kong is a long time from now.

I am kind of bummed.  Sophia chipped her tooth while trying to climb the bathtub this evening.  She is off to the dentist tomorrow - and I am mourning her perfect teeth (she chipped her front top right tooth).  There was a lot of blood as she cut her inner lip too... sigh... my only consolation is that it is a baby tooth.  I just hope that there is not nerve or more permanent damage...

Scoping out a new playground:
_DSC5863-2

_DSC5864

_DSC5866

_DSC5868

_DSC5869

_DSC5874

_DSC5882

The house of dancing Drakes:
_DSC5883

_DSC5884

_DSC5886

_DSC5887

Toys 'R' Us kids:
_DSC5893

_DSC5894
 
_DSC5895
 
Sophia and Kung Fu Panda and I:
_DSC5910
 
Charlotte hates fat Shrek!
_DSC5914

Cute, intact teeth:
_DSC5916

I can't remember what she is pointing at:
_DSC5919

And finally - I have switched phones and have had a tough time getting these videos uploaded so here they are!
 
The girls say goodbye to Bucky in Singapore:
 
 
The girls dancing in a restaurant in Nai Yang Beach, Phuket.  After this video there was a monstrous downpour:
 
 
Sophia is a messy spaghetti eater!
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment