Friday, July 19, 2013

Week 170 and Week 83.5 - We got our stuff!

Yeah!  We got our stuff on Tuesday and have spent the last few days unpacking.  Kudos to Imee who has worked really hard to get the stuff unpacked (did I mention I hate moving?  I have a mental block against it, it sort of puts me in a depressed tizzy, Imee can just plow through with no emotion - it is wonderful).  Our stuff is 99% unpacked - now we just have to put proper light fixtures up and our gazillion pictures. 

Sorry again for the super late post - I hope to be back on schedule next week as there really are no more excuses (well, except the kids are home all day and so are we and everything just seems a bit cosier even though we are in a bigger living space).  Charlotte and Sophia and now sharing a room and that is convenient for us but Charlotte is revolting a bit.  She ends up in our room almost every night - this is fine with me as I can sleep through most anything but Matt ends up with several sleepless nights.  Sophia is generally getting up once a night but I can just pick her up and feed her and then put her back.  It is tough when all four of us are sharing our queen bed.  Luckily I think we have been able to kick Charlotte out of our bed but onto our daybed (I will post pictures maybe next week of our new digs.  Our bedroom is quite spacious which is good as it will double as Matt's office).

The kids are playing in the nearby playgrounds but they are full of dog poo - gross!  Certainly not Singapore standards (and it is a private condo playground - which I think should be better maintained than a public one).  I told Matt we should just buy some playground equipment and make an indoor one in our apartment. 

The girls have gotten good at see-sawing.

Jen and Uncle Matthieu came for a dinner from Hong Kong and Saturday and it was so great to see them and catch up.

We went to Galaxy and had a dim sum lunch fail - but had lunch anyway and saw a Smurf exhibit.

Charlotte and I went to Hong Kong and IKEA to get curtains - she was mostly good but it was still super exhausting!  We were both out on our ferry ride back.

Matt has an office in Macau but it is not yet ready so he is working from home and is really not into it.  Whenever I try to get something done at home it is generally difficult too (I think Matt has some empathy now for my 'work-from-home' plight). 

Speaking of which - in comes Charlotte and now I have to cut the text short and get on with the pictures!

The girls nap together - never again!
_DSC5802

Shaggy kitchen hair:
_DSC5804

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse time in the kitchen:
_DSC5806

Clean playgrounds:
_DSC5808

_DSC5810

_DSC5812

_DSC5814

_DSC5816

_DSC5818

_DSC5821

_DSC5829

Digging for gold:
_DSC5832

A highlight of the week was watching this tree get planted:
_DSC5833

Awesome shot of Jen and Matthieu and the girls!
_DSC5835

Smurf exhibit:
IMG_0286

IMG_0287

IMG_0289

Sophia brings corn in the shower!
_DSC5837

Charlotte's first Hong Kong ice cream at IKEA:
IMG_0294

The girls doing the dishes together:
IMG_0295





No comments:

Post a Comment