Thursday, October 3, 2013

Week 182 and Week 94.5 - Matt's birthday!

Week 2 of no Imee and it is ok - I mean not fantastic but manageable.  I have had a sinus infection and it has been crappy (I used to always laugh at these sinus medicine commercials - like what is this?  Well, it sucks, and I can tell you it sort of feels like you are dying I would guess.  The malaise, the headaches, the blood coming out of your sinuses... not fun).

We went with Ronny and Ha to buffet night at the Singing Bean - we made such a mess I am sure that the servers hate us.  Sorry servers!  Sophia really took a liking to Ronny - telling him to 'come' to the dessert buffet about 5 times.

We went to dim sum with my colleague Geoff and his family at the Westin.  So cute - his brood.

Sherry and Larry are visiting and it is great to have them as always.

Today is Matt's birthday, and both of the girls were MELTING this morning - Sophia in particular was not into whatever we were offering this morning - which was early school.

Yesterday for Matt's birthday I made Jap Chae (good but not great), bulgogi (great!), and black pepper tofu (also great!).  I am glad I was able to cook for Matt's birthday (in the mayhem of kids everywhere), but Asian food can be super time consuming!  Definitely for special occasions - and last night I made the Magnolia Bakery banana pudding - the piece de resistance!  Matt tried to be moralistic saying it was too early to eat sugar in the morning, but he caved by 10:30...

Sophia is talking more and more these days - now she says 'blanket' and 'exercise' (ok really just 'cise') among other words.  She is also in an 'I can' phase - she can do everything by herself - like getting water out of the dispenser (which she should not be doing!).

She and Charlotte were recently having a conversation.

   C: Did you have a nice nap?
   S: Yeah!
   C: Did you cry before your nap?
   S:  (nodding) Cry!

Pictures, pictures...

TIS Mid Autumn Festival snacking:
IMG_0552

Camera love at North (just kidding - Charlotte was not loving me here)!
IMG_0553

Charlotte helps Sophia puts these stupid sandals on (stupid because they don't stay on):
IMG_0555

The girls - on the candy charm offensive!
IMG_0557

IMG_0558

IMG_0559

Singing bean!
IMG_0561

IMG_0562

Abby phone talking!
_DSC6221

Happy Char:
_DSC6224

Grass!  In Macau!
_DSC6226

_DSC6228

_DSC6229

Happy birthday Matt!
_DSC6232

_DSC6234

I took Char to the Venetian intending to buy her some pastry at Starbucks.  Instead she wanted these Chinese jellies from the store next door (Neptune?) - we have never eaten there before:
IMG_0565

Here is a long video (nearly 4 minutes!) of Char singing at home - she can go on forever!


No comments:

Post a Comment