Thursday, October 10, 2013

Week 183 and Week 95.5 - Ocean Club

We finally joined a pool - our local one - the Ocean Club.  It is nice (and close).  The pool is so cold!  But the restaurant is not expensive and the kids can play till the food comes.  Now if only we can get Sophia to stay seated during dinner....

I had a chance to take Charlotte to a hot tub in the ladies changing room - it was fun - sort of reminded me of a traditional Korean bathhouse type place (ok really I mean the one I went to in Flushing, NY with Nicole).  She thought it was too hot.

Both girls were sick this week!  Char was not really sick, she had a yeast infection (I realize now that these sort of things fall in mommy territory when you have two girls) and Sophia had a mystery one day high fever that is now gone.

This leads me to my rant of the week - the medical care in Macau is really slow and silly.  We went to University Hospital at 8:30, waited till 9 till they opened, and then were told that the doctor (a GP mind you) would not see Charlotte because he does not see kids!  Who has heard of such a thing!  Frustrated, I leave to go to the local clinic (that does not open till 9:30 - we get there at 9:15).  The doctor sees us, does a growth culture on Char, tells us that the results will be in in 4 days.  Before we leave he confirms with the SAME University Hospital that the results will actually be ready in... a month!  Geez!

Our lovely neighbors Yan, Lucas and Vit had us over for a fun afternoon on Oct 1.  They are very nice.  Auntie Sherry knew everyone there.

Sherry left us on Sunday and Larry stays on.  It is nice to have him as a houseguest.

I keep forgetting to mention that there have been all these fireworks shows in Macau - Oct 1 was the last one.  I finally got around to taking pictures.  I need a tripod (I actually have a tripod but was too lazy to set it up).

We went to the MGM over the weekend to try their dim sum (expensive but quick and good) and check out their aquarium.  While the girls were marveling at the fish I noticed a young Chinese lady marveling at them.  I saw her taking pictures of them on her iPhone.  I asked Matt if that happened a lot and he said it did.  Hmm.  I never noticed before Sunday.

Sophia loves carrying her little baby doll around these days.

iPad sharing:
_DSC6236

The girls at Lucas's!
_DSC6237

Char likes to wear my old wristwatch.  Here is its last photo before she mysteriously broke it.  Luckily I think it is fixable:
_DSC6240

We may get a piano soon:
_DSC6241

Fireworks:
_DSC6245

_DSC6248

_DSC6251

iPad and DVD player:
_DSC6253

Matt's birthday!
IMG_0569

IMG_0571

IMG_0573

It was the guy's birthday too who sang the song (Matt is shaking his hand here).  It is also Roy of Siegfried and Roy's birthday too!
IMG_0574

IMG_0577

IMG_0578

Charlotte has managed to not destroy this necklace yet:
_DSC6254

Charlotte eats ddok with honey just like my mom used to make - fried in butter!
_DSC6255

Char and I made muffins with leftover oatmeal. Surprisingly she ate them!
_DSC6256

Sophia wants to feed her baby a muffin:
_DSC6257

_DSC6259

_DSC6258

Charlotte appropriately brought this Tigger to MGM:
_DSC6263

_DSC6264

_DSC6265

Girls observing fish as the lady in tights observes them:
_DSC6266

_DSC6267

Ocean Club pool!  We found for Sophia to get into this suit - and she liked it!
IMG_0579

IMG_0580

Sophia drives in the kids club at Ocean Club:
IMG_0581

Here is a video of Sophia and Char playing at the kids club at the Ocean Club.  Sophia goes nuts on these teeter totter things!

No comments:

Post a Comment