Thursday, October 24, 2013

Week 185 and Week 97.5 - Yay! Capoiera!

Imee is back and we are thrilled!  Yay - life is back to normal again.

Last weekend we had hair and make up trials for Jen's wedding - it was fun.  I spent the day away from the girls and when I got back Charlotte kept saying how beautiful my eyelashes were!  She still talks about them and cannot till Jen's wedding so I can wear more falsies.

This week we enrolled Charlotte in a capoiera class - twice a week with the most amazing teacher Master Eddy.  This guy is a patron saint with these 4-6 year old kids... he certainly has a gift with them.  Charlotte was her usual timid self at the beginning of the class.. Master E came over to help her with back bends and hand stands... and she came running to me, crying (the assistant wanted me to stay in the class - I am convinced now that my presence in fact inhibits Charlotte more than liberating her).  But by the end of the class she was in it... earning unsolicited praise from the master.  Plus by the end of the class I had gotten her a uniform... the capoiera pants are great pants - cool looking and flattering.  Charlotte was really engaged once she had the right clothes on!  No pictures this week - hopefully next week!

We went to Adam's birthday party - what a cute boy and an amazing spread!  Well done Anna - perhaps you can help me with Sophia's second birthday party!

I am off to Shanghai tomorrow - the first time I am away from both the girls!

Adam and his Damien and Anna:
_DSC6449

Drake girls and their sweets:
_DSC6392

_DSC6397

_DSC6398

_DSC6405

Sophia carried this handbag the whole afternoon:
_DSC6430

The delightful Laffertys!
_DSC6400

_DSC6399

Adam took the cake - literally (the Woody anyway):
_DSC6432

Adam and Anna:
_DSC6433

_DSC6436

Damien was so methodical with his cake cutting:
_DSC6445

The days before Imee came back we had many dinners out.  Here is one at the Ocean Club:
_DSC6451

Here is one at a breakfast at Savory Crab - Sophia ate nothing but ketchup at this meal:
IMG_0560

Char wanted to wear this backpack on our trip to HK - where we learned she was allergic to nothing:
IMG_0561

Another meal out - this time at the Westin:
IMG_0564

Jen and the dressmaker:
IMG_0566

Fun picture!
IMG_0593

Hair and makeup trial - complete!
IMG_0596




No comments:

Post a Comment