Friday, November 1, 2013

Week 186 and Week 98.5 - Shanghai and Halloween

Sorry this is such a late blog post yet again!  Matt is traveling this week so I am home with the girls and Charlotte really sort of refuses to sleep unless I am asleep so getting stuff done at night is somewhat impossible these days.

I had my first trip away from the family this past weekend - to Shanghai!  I missed the girls but it was sort of refreshing to be an adult for several days in a row (and sleep in till 10!).    A girls weekend - a hen party that had very little makings of a traditional bachelorette as there were guns and bows and arrows involved.  My friend Jen (the blushing bride) has a fine group of attendants - it will be a fun party in a month!

Charlotte has enrolled in Capoiera - and I did not realize how much of a commitment it is.  Classes three times a week.  This week is Halloween (there was a party/rehearsal) and two classes and a recital of sorts on Saturday at the Lusofonia Festival in Macau.  Char, a two week veteran, already has a concert!  This is a great opportunity but is a bit of an adjustment for me.  I came from the study hard do little else school, different than the we play hockey everyday school of Casa Drake of the 1980's.  We actually gave the Halloween party a miss as I think Char needed time to just be a kid and try to get steal salty snacks from the littler ones in the park.

We have had these dressers for 8 years or so - they have pull handles that I have never even thought about.  These handles stick out and make an excellent ladder for the girls.  These days the girls love to climb my dresser and plop down and put makeup on.  The only way I got Sophia's constume on yesterday was allowing her to wear makeup (some powder and chapstick).

Charlotte was a belly dancer for Halloween - an awesome costume coup that I am not sure we will be able to do again as we bought it in Istanbul.  Matt bought a witch costume for Char/Sophia in Manila a couple of weeks ago (we are tourist costume shoppers).  Imee was eventually able to get Sophia's costume on (and not the witch) in what was the longest morning ever of getting ready yesterday.  I forgot to put my jewelry on!  I don't think I ate till noon yesterday.  It was fun but super crazy to get everyone ready in a costume.

On a totally unrelated note - Matt took the girls grocery shopping two weeks ago and commented on how cooperative the girls were (which is never my experience).  He tells me this as he unpacks chips, Ribena, cookies... well yes of course they are cooperative if you buy them what they want!  I am of the school of buying one thing per trip, and I come from the school where I seldom got anything, EVER.  So we need to come up with a grocery strategy.  Matt asks Charlotte if she likes shopping with him, and she nods yes.  He asks "What about Mommy?" and, as if on cue, she shakes her head no.

Start with various Shanghai shots:
_DSC6483

_DSC6485

_DSC6488

_DSC6491

_DSC6502

_DSC6506

_DSC6507

_DSC6517

_DSC6520

_DSC6523

_DSC6525

_DSC6530

_DSC6531

_DSC6537

_DSC6539

_DSC6540

_DSC6541

_DSC6546

_DSC6551

_DSC6557

_DSC6558

_DSC6561

_DSC6560

_DSC6566

_DSC6571

_DSC6579

_DSC6582

_DSC6583

Joe reunion!
_DSC6595

_DSC6596

Janie reunion:
_DSC6597

Tango dancer in the making:
_DSC6601

_DSC6607

Charlotte loved her costume so much she wore it three days before at Hard Rock:
_DSC6611

_DSC6613

Bedtime:
_DSC6614

Sophia got this bandage so she would not scratch her face.  Once she saw it she immediately pointed to the Angry Birds plush toy in her room:
_DSC6616



No comments:

Post a Comment