Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Week 147 and Week 60.5

It has been raining more these days.  Lots of people near us have contracted dengue and this makes me super nervous.  I sometimes lock myself in my bathroom and try to kill the mosquitos before they bite me.  It is like a weird Fight Club like ritual (and it is deeply satisfying to kill a mosquito - they are so fast here so you feel like the Karate Kid when you do).

The other day Charlotte recognized the number 3 in an elevator.  I was impressed until I asked her what number 2 or number 1 was - and she answered it was 3 and 5.

Sophia is getting up a lot at night - perhaps some phantom teething is to blame.  The nights where she gets up twice are brutal.  I find it difficult to sleep - not the act of sleeping, but I wake up and often hit Matt as I think I am in Sophia's room and she is about to fall off the bed.  Sigh.  I suppose when I am done breastfeeding this fear will go away (I do not remember having this with Charlotte).  Also I always get anxious when I am napping [twice a week] that I wake myself up in a panic - this recurring dream is that I am still pregnant and have forgotten to take my relevant supplements for WEEKS.  Sigh - how to resolve this?

We went to dim sum with Matt's colleague Francesco on Sunday and stopped by the W Hotel in Sentosa (where his company did some work).  A decent itinerary for a rainy Sunday...

Charlotte initiates the giggles with Sophia in the car:
_DSC4174-2

Francesco's chopstick success!
_DSC4181

Char and Uncle Luigi play and watch the rain and trains go by:
_DSC4185

_DSC4196

Daddy makes paddling noises with Sophia's mouth:
_DSC4190

_DSC4195

Posing at the W:
_DSC4206

_DSC4207

Serious times at the rare sunny day at the park:
_DSC4232

_DSC4233

The girls in the bath:
_DSC4227


And the videos:
Sophia plays at dim sum:

And Char and Sophia stay inside for some rainy day fun yesterday:







1 comment: