Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Week 150 and Week 63.5

I forgot to mention last week that Sophia is 10.31 kg and 76 cm as of her 14 month appointment.  That makes her about 50th and 25th percentile for weight and height respectively.  Gone are the days of worrying about her shrimpiness!  She is getting slimmer I think - albeit more slowly than with Charlotte.  I suspect that she has inherited by slow metabolic genes.  This makes me very sad actually - watching the little fat line in the middle of her thigh getting less and less prominent.  Oh well.  At least she is trending to be taller than me!


Sophia is at the precipice of losing her morning nap.  She just is not sleeping in the afternoons.  I think Charlotte lost hers around 15 months. 

I am having the worst time at night burping her as well.  She will get up sometimes because she has gas.  I have never been the best burper of the house anyway but I do try - but I cannot do it for ten minutes straight.  Maybe a couple of minutes max (there is so much comfort and wrangling there - maybe she needs it the most then).

I have been so incredibly busy with work - Matt's company has a big client meeting in a week and I am doing a lot of things to make the office look much spiffier (not an easy task as we just moved into it about a month ago).  I have not been able to take many photos this week because of that.

Both of the girls have had runny noses this week - but they have not erupted into anything more than runny noses so that is good. 

Soon Charlotte will take the bus to school as I we will be down to one family car and I would like to work a bit longer in the afternoons.  I have never been very happy dropping her off to school as my blood pressure escalates slightly at the traffic cluster that is there (did I mention I hit a gal's car there?  It was relatively painless to fix and the girl was so incredibly nice... I actually ordered cupcakes from her later).  But I will be sad at the loss of this mommy and Charlotte time - when she asks to listen to Chinese in the car, when she kisses me (some of the time) when I drop her off, when I let her ride around the grounds in a bicycle before we go home in the afternoon.  I also like checking in with her teacher Miss Dorothy... oh well.

My friend and neighbor Kristin was kind enough to take some family pictures of us on Sunday.  We were fighting off the rain and she got at least one amazing photo of us (I have not seen the rest of them yet).  I am so grateful as I am in none of the pictures usually.

We then went to a Sunday BBQ at the Stampers.  It felt like old time America to be outside eating barbeque.  Except of course we would be lucky to do that in February in the US!

We also went to the airport on Sunday for lunch - this made for an unusually busy Sunday and no nap for Sophia!  Yikes!  I told Matt maybe it is better for us to go out for an early dinner instead of lunch now.

Matt told me while swimming this week Charlotte looked at the coach and deadpanned 'Don't Stop the Party.'  Ha - too funny.  Matt showed her a video to that Black Eyed Peas song so I showed her one too - but it is too scantily-clad-Fergie for Char.  Always a good idea to preview the videos that they watch...

Sophia demands matching flip flops:
_DSC4400

For the first 15 days after Chinese New Year dim sum is a disappointment.  We make do at the Crystal Jade at the airport:
_DSC4405

_DSC4401

_DSC4404

Sophia likes this fake etch-a-sketch:
_DSC4409

_DSC4418

_DSC4419

Char loves the airport!
_DSC4410

Baby Astrid visits!
_DSC4431

_DSC4436-2

_DSC4437-2

Char pretends to sleep in her room:
_DSC4439-2

While Sophia preens:
_DSC4452-2

Our greatest family shot to date - thanks Kristin for the amazing picture!
DrakeFamily-1


2 comments:

  1. Fia is telling Astid, like Flo the sassy waitress for Alice, "Hush yo mouf!"

    At least that is what it looks like to me.

    ReplyDelete