Monday, December 21, 2009

Sugar buster

So today is the first day of trying to curtail my sugar.

And it sucks.

I am trying to limit myself to once a week but I surely chose the wrong week to (a) go to the doctor and (b) try to limit my sugar.

I love sweets. I would take a dessert over a savory entrée any day.

So my strategy is this – no processed sugar during the week. Fruit is ok (fresh or dried).

Once a week is a cheat day – where I will suffer the (ahem) consequences. This week that day falls on Christmas!

I know that I can do this. I have gotten over my caffeine addiction.

It will not be easy. Obtaining new habits is seldom a very linear process for me. Plus whining and complaining is a must in this catharsis.

I was on bbc.com and on the bottom right the website referenced cookies (of the internet kind) and my eyes were drawn to them… cookies!

On a total side note – I have decided not to name the kumquat Brittany. Or Britney.

1 comment:

  1. On the BBC site the only thing a cookie could be is the internet thing (a technical term). If the Beeb were referenceing that other cookie, they would have said biscuit.

    Mmmmm, biscuits :D

    ReplyDelete