Friday, December 11, 2009

Week 22 thoughts

So the pregnancy is swimming along.  My belly is getting bigger.  Yesterday I felt the overdrape of my belly over the top of my nether regions as I was sitting at my desk and I didn’t really care for it.  Aside from some first trimester drama, things have been decidedly boring.  I have not even had morning sickness!  (I know, I know, woe-is-me right?  Yes, but I certainly couldn’t relate to girls who didn’t ‘gain a pound’ in their first trimester due to this).  A few weeks back (at week 17) I felt the baby kick (during a rather boring work meeting – perhaps I was releasing some irritating/irritated hormones then?).  I thought this was the start of the normal kicking cycle, where you can see the profile of a baby foot across your distended belly, while simultaneously being awestruck/ annoyed that your sleeping patterns will never again be the same.  Needless to say, there has been no consistent kicking since.  I am at week 22, and much of the day I forget about being pregnant, except for once in a while where I feel is, for lack of a better description, a light bout of abdominal indigestion.  I am trying to sleep on my side (not very successfully).  I am beginning to ‘show’ but only to those who bother to pay attention.  Now that I own proper maternity clothes (a shout out to Kathy for buying me some – for some reason this clothing aspect of the pregnancy I have difficulty reconciling) I realize that maternity clothes accentuate, rather than obscure, the bumpage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment