Thursday, July 8, 2010

12 weeks old!

Charlotte is 12 weeks old today!  It is also the date the Charlotte was conceived one year ago.  Wow - a lot can change in one year!

We were reading Matt's baby book that his mom kept and I realized that I have not done a very good job tracking Charlotte's milestones.  She has been cooing for ages and I don't know when and she laughs too (we think) and we don't know when that started either.  She rolled over on the 4th of July but it could have just been the gravity of me on the bed next to her.  I am paranoid that she will get bitten by mosquitoes - I guess all of Singapore's PSAs on dengue fever has shaken me to the core.  Aside from this - we have been running around a lot - a lot of driving and going out and Charlotte was a bit fussy as I think she would prefer to be on a schedule.  We hope to lay low in the evenings in the next day or two to try to get her on track and less fussy.  Speaking of fussy - I have realized that my existence these days is largely motivated by meltdown aversion.  It is good to be a boy scout and 'be prepared' - because a meltdown is no fun for anyone - particularly Charlotte.

My rheumatoid arthritis seems to be getting better - maybe the cooler weather or the lesser stairs.  I am only stiff really when I get out of the car after a one to two hour drive as opposed to every morning.  My fingers are less tingly too - it is still there but maybe only once every other day when I am feeding the baby in the car.

Charlotte is a master pooper here in America - she goes during every feed and first thing in the morning.  Not sure why - the change in water maybe?  Plus she has a little bit of blood in her stool in the morning - it seems to get less every day and she does not seem so fussy (e.g. no fever or other discomfort).  We may go to the doctor to sort that out in the next day or so.

Here are some pics over the last week:

Charlotte with Great Grandma Burk:


An updated foot photo:


Charlotte in a new dress:


Cheeky!


In the spirit of filial piety, Charlotte looks up to Grandpa Drake:


With Aunt Becky:




Charlotte happy to talk to Aunt Laurie in London on Skype:


I know this picture is blurry - but it demonstrates how much of a squirm worm Charlotte is!

No comments:

Post a Comment